X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juststartingout
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jul 2006

Hi guys I am completely new to the forum and "speedbagging" in general. I recently bought a heavybag/speedbag stand from Century fitness. The stand came with a Century 10 x 7- 10oz- vinyl speedbag. The hardware included most closely resembles a large chain link. Im sure you could view a picture online. I was just wondering if this is a good speedbag and a good set of hardware for it. If not, what would be a better speedbag/hardware set to purchase? BTW I am only 16 years old, 5'11", and 130 lbs. I am trying to become an amateur boxer. Any info. would be great. Thanks guys. Oh by the way has anyone heard of FORZA speedbags and/or used them? Besides the Century bag these are the only ones I buy locally. They come in 12 oz. and 14 oz. sizes..... how big is that? which would be best for me?....Sorry for such a long question just a bit confused. Some brands say their speedbags are 10" x 7" and so on, while others say 10 oz. or 12 oz........ THANKS!!!
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

new speedbagger

Hi juststartingout

Everyone has to start sometime! Welcome.

Your description sounds like: Century Freestanding HB & SB platforum

and the bag is:

Century 10x7 speed bag

These are probably fine. I have only hit a century bag a few times and it seemed OK, although not enough to give an detailed description. I have never really seen speed bags listed as "Ounces" such as 10oz or 12oz. Perhaps that is the volume of air or water they would hold. ??

Most bags I have ever seen are listed by size:such as

TitleBoxing Speedbags and Ringside Speed bags.

You can't go wrong with either brand. Personally, I'm using Title bags right now due to teardrop shape, which is my own preference.

Good luck with your bag and equipment.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
    Working...