• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ukspeedbag
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2007

Joey and Diaz Punch Drumming

I made a new box for my kid's to stand on, it's alot more stable than what they were using before, now I don't get a lookin myself. Today and yesterday they were out real early practicing. Mum says they're addicted to the speed bag! Even my neighbor popped his head over at 9am this morning and was amazed to see my kid's hitting so well.

Anyway we received the Speed bag bible and DVD the other week. Joe loves the DVD and wanted to hit to music! He reckons he's gonna make Alan Kahn jealous as he thinks he's better than him.(Sorry Alan) Man, he really believes in himself. lol
    here's Joe

Diaz, really does hit like a girl. No disrespect to the opposite sex.
    Hey! She's trying out new stuff like linking, only started yesterday. She keeps telling her mum she's better than her!lol She needs to use her left hand more but, we're working on it.

Comment and ratings very much appreciated and thanks for looking.

Vini
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ukspeedbag View Post
    I made a new box for my kid's to stand on, it's alot more stable than what they were using before, now I don't get a lookin myself. Today and yesterday they were out real early practicing. Mum says they're addicted to the speed bag! Even my neighbor popped his head over at 9am this morning and was amazed to see my kid's hitting so well.

Anyway we received the Speed bag bible and DVD the other week. Joe loves the DVD and wanted to hit to music! He reckons he's gonna make Alan Kahn jealous as he thinks he's better than him.(Sorry Alan) Man, he really believes in himself. lol here's Joe
    LOOK OUT! Joey's got me shakin under the board.

Great Job on a cool song. I punch to a little ACDC occassionally. I'm not sure if I have any old footage to that one, but I could punch it up for him if he wants a little head to head competition. We have a phrase over here in USA: Game on, Joey

.....Diaz, really does hit like a girl. No disrespect to the opposite sex.

Hey! She's trying out new stuff like linking, only started yesterday. She keeps telling her mum she's better than her!lol She needs to use her left hand more but, we're working on it.

Comment and ratings very much appreciated and thanks for looking.

Vini
    Her right hand is doing some amazing Side-Front punching from 1:10-1:20 and than later. Nice arm position on that.

I notice they both swing a lot from their shoulders, pumping the arms up and down. You might stand behind them both and gently support their elbows with your hands underneath, to help stop that and help them feel the more correct elbow circling. I do that with people of any age that are constantly shoulder swinging.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ukspeedbag
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Nov 2007

Thanks Alan.
      Joe says you can come over and try and beat him! He says he'd like to see you drumming to that song. I'm just uploading another video of him drumming to the same song because the dogs spoiled it with their barking. He wasn't impressed when he watched his video in you tube.

That's a great idea holding their elbows, I'll try that tomorrow.

Thanks for leaving the comments, that really motivates them.

Vini

Comment

• ukspeedbag
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Nov 2007

He loves the Title Clasic too!
        Here's his sceond Video to Highway To Hell.

Comment

• Biff
          Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Vini - What great kids you have! You should be proud. Both of them will be tearin' up the bag pretty soon.

Watch out Dad, you might not get any time under the board now that you introduced your kids to the bag!

Comment

• ukspeedbag
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Biff View Post
            Vini - What great kids you have! You should be proud. Both of them will be tearin' up the bag pretty soon.

Watch out Dad, you might not get any time under the board now that you introduced your kids to the bag!
            Tell me about it Biff. They have been under the board for the last 2 days and I haven't had a look in.
            Oh, and I'm very very proud of my kids!
            Cheers Mate!

Vini

Comment

• dax_q
              • Jan 2008

That is awesome. He is going to be way better than any of us pretty soon.
              -Dax

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by dax_q View Post
                That is awesome. He is going to be way better than any of us pretty soon.
                -Dax
                Yeah, the way he's going and he's so into it and really believes in himself. So much confidence, he had his little school mate around the other day and tried teaching him how to hit the bags. The look on this other kid's face was a picture when he seen Joe hit the bag's. lol

Cheers.

Comment

• Speedbag
                  Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

He loves the Title Clasic too!
                  Here's his second Video to Highway To Hell.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbVZuuVLyy0
                  Another Great Job. He was "on beat" for a bit of that, also. Actually he was pretty close to being on "every other beat" 1 & 3 or beat 2 & 4. That works pretty well in punch drumming also.

Great video. He's really a cute little guy and looks very determined! ( Diaz does too)
                  Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                  *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                  The Quest Continues...
                  Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• toolboxdiver
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Jan 2008

Awesome videos The kids look great, they got a great start and a dad who should be very proud as you are.

Comment

• SpeedBagSkunk
                      Speed Bag Skunk doesn't need a title, you already know

• Oct 2006

Awesome!!!

wow great work lil joey and diaz. i rememebr when the first video you posted of joey he was barely even punching the bag, now im seeing the basic ryhtm getting better and better. i give him 3 months and he will have jaw dropping skills! Great work on helpin then "dad" but like everyone else says ill bet your thinking about getting another platform so you can punch too lol. Also great work diaz you remind me about of the speedbag lizard my girlfriends lil girl. they both want to show up the skills and be better then the boys lol great work!

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                        Another Great Job. He was "on beat" for a bit of that, also. Actually he was pretty close to being on "every other beat" 1 & 3 or beat 2 & 4. That works pretty well in punch drumming also.

Great video. He's really a cute little guy and looks very determined! ( Diaz does too)
                        Cheers Alan. Like I said earlier, he's been watching you videos/clips and DVD. Starts with a clap before hitting.
                        Originally posted by toolboxdiver View Post
                        Awesome videos The kids look great, they got a great start and a dad who should be very proud as you are.
                        Thanks toolbox. They have really improved. Got out of the car when I got home from work and could hear them under the board.
                        Originally posted by SpeedBagSkunk View Post
                        wow great work lil joey and diaz. i remember when the first video you posted of joey he was barely even punching the bag, now I'm seeing the basic rhythm getting better and better. i give him 3 months and he will have jaw dropping skills! Great work on helpin then "dad" but like everyone else says ill bet your thinking about getting another platform so you can punch too lol. Also great work diaz you remind me about of the speedbag lizard my girlfriends lil girl. they both want to show up the skills and be better then the boys lol great work!
                        Cheers Zach! He buzzes when you leave comment's on his video's. Funny enough, I was thinking about getting them their own but we're pushed for space.

Thanks Guy's. What can I say? Only if it wasn't for finding this forum, and getting all the support from the great people here, they wouldn't be as interested. Me telling them they are great and stuff wouldn't be enough to keep them keen. Zach, your right. There's some competition between the kid's but they do advise each other at the same time.

Thanks again for all your comments, they are very much appreciated.

Vini

Comment

• Roc Stone
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Oct 2007

Gr8Tunes
                          sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• metaldad
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Apr 2007

Uk you've done it again!! GREAT STUFF MAN!! The kids seem so happy and into it and that's phenominal! keep it up they both look great
                            sigpic

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                              Uk you've done it again!! GREAT STUFF MAN!! The kids seem so happy and into it and that's phenominal! keep it up they both look great
                              Thanks metaldad. They love it. As soon as they get home from school, they'er out there.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...