• Show
Clear All
  • Roc Stone
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2007

Skinning my middle knuckles on the DEB

Hey Guy's.

How we swingn?

I'm finding that I'm skinning my middle knuckles a lot when I use my DEB. Does that happen to anyone else?

I could use mitts, but i prefer to try and keep fists as natural as possible, by that I mean that mitts tend to give you a larger surface contact than you naturally have and this is what I'd like to try and avoid.

I was wondering if anyone new a wrap technique that focuses on the mid knuckle region?

Knuckle! What a dang word, I've had a dang typo every dang time I've had to dang used it.
    sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'
  • 1dog2dog
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jun 2007

Why not wear some "form fitting" leather gloves? I sometimes use leather weight lifting/workout gloves when hitting the speed bag and/or the DEB, and I think that they would well accomplish what you are looking for- they cover the knuckles that contact the bag and get "skinned," and they don't add much "surface area" to your natural fist. You might have to look around a bit to find some that suit your needs the best, but the upside is that they can be had for relatively inexpensive prices. Best of luck.

*Just noticed that I've officially been registered since LAST June, and this is my first post......dang, I'm quite the lurker...
    Last edited by 1dog2dog; 07-05-2008, 08:04 AM.

Comment

• Roc Stone
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2007

......dang, I'm quite the lurker...--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's ok.

I'm sure we've all been there.

Thanks for the tip.
      sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• dbkman
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Aug 2010

really there is no point not to use gloves when you use any punching bag. it will only cause you to lose training time from injured hands.

what I use is one of those cheap everlast cover gloves that are only there to protect your skin so you can continue hitting.

they work well for me.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...