• Show
Clear All
  • Boo
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jul 2008

Kimbo Slice

Kimbo's next opponent will be Ken Shamrock
    Whats your Thoughts on this?
    Will Ken get Knocked out? or Will Kimbo Slice Lose?

• riqal
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2006

I think Kimbo will knock him out. Ken Shamrock used to be a good fighter. He is washed up now - finished. I can't wait until they match Kimbo with someone young, strong, and experienced with great skills. That would put an end to the kimbo hype. Kimbo does not deserve main event status just yet.

Comment

• MilkManX
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Aug 2008

That is tough call but I dont think Shamrock could take many of Kimbos punches!

Comment

• metaldad
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2007

As much as I hate to admit to it, Ken Shamrock will lose, remember the last fight with Tito Ortiz? Tito owned him. It just seems like his heart ain't into it anymore. But who am I and what do I know? Let's see see Kimbo fight Brock Lesnar , he DEMOLISHED Heath Herring who is no slouch, that would be a good card in my opinion. Both are seriously heavy handed and I really think Brock can give Kimbo a damn good fight if not beat him. Even better, Randy Couture VS Kimbo!!!!But wait, Randy's a light heavy weight.....never mind. AHA, but lets not forget Cheick Kongo! Let HIM fight Kimbo!!
        sigpic

Comment

• metaldad
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by riqal View Post
          . I can't wait until they match Kimbo with someone young, strong, and experienced with great skills. That would put an end to the kimbo hype. Kimbo does not deserve main event status just yet.
          I couldn't agree more. All his fights thus far have been easy opponents for him. He needs someone who can give him REAL fight. Damn how could I forget FEDOR EMILIANENKO!! HE would clean Kimbo's clock I think!
          Last edited by metaldad; 08-28-2008, 01:44 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

• Boo
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Jul 2008

No doubt about that. Fedor in my opinion is a little over hyped.
            Great fighter tho, one of the best.
            I think Quinton Rampage Jackson, if he moved up to heavy weight, he could make kimbo retire
            Last edited by Boo; 08-30-2008, 06:34 AM.

Comment

• metaldad
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Boo View Post
              No doubt about that. Fedor in my opinion is a little over hyped.
              Great fighter tho, one of the best.
              I think Quinton Rampage Jackson, if he moved up to heavy weight, he could make kimbo retire
              Only if Rampage's head is in the fight.......I was disapppointed wih his performance against Forrest Griffin.
              sigpic

Comment

• Boo
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Jul 2008

I wasnt. I thought rampage won that fight
                But it all comes down to the judges i guess.
                Go for the knockout

Comment

• metaldad
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Apr 2007

No disrespect to Rampage, he's definitely one of my favorites. I just know he can be more aggressive than he was in that fight. I guess I was looking for a match on par with Forrest Griffin and Stephan Bonner.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Roscoe
                    • May 2006

You called it brother

".....I can't wait until they match Kimbo with someone young, strong, and experienced with great skills. That would put an end to the kimbo hype. Kimbo does not deserve main event status just yet".

Yeah, what he said

Comment

• Boo
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Jul 2008

he got knocked out
                      14 seconds flat.
                      but he also made $500,000

Comment

• riqal
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Aug 2006

It's worth it if it will mean no more Kimbo main events since he was knocked out quickly. This whole kimbo thing has been a farce and a slap in the face to a lot of good mma fighters who make no where near what kimbo made in the fight. It has made me respect the organization a little less.

Comment

• Speedbag
                          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

It's worth it if it will mean no more Kimbo main events since he was knocked out quickly. This whole kimbo thing has been a farce and a slap in the face to a lot of good mma fighters who make no where near what kimbo made in the fight. It has made me respect the organization a little less.
                          That is very true. His 14 second knockout should mean his "15 seconds" of unclaimed fame are up. MMA bought into the internet Youtube hype that surrounded him and tried to cash in on it. The common man may have won in that it gives hope (however true or false...) that a tough guy on youtube can catch the attention of the legitimate MMA world and make it inside, without really training or learning the disciplines of MMA. Kimbo made it in and found out that he did not really have the fight skills and MMA ultimately lost by putting on fights that were hugely disappointing and lackluster to fans who believe they are seeing the best trained fighters. That will utimately lose a loyal fan base who stop believing the hype of "the next big one" and stop paying to purchase the broadcast. Particularly if they can see the fight in less than 30 minutes on Youtube. Perhaps the newest popular internet toughguy can be tolerated at a low level preliminary match, and let them work their way up with legitimate wins inside the octagon. That way fans could see them for real but not be duped into thinging it's anything more than a warmup to a real match with highly trained, disciplined fighters.
                          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                          The Quest Continues...
                          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• mushroom-eater
                            Speed Bag Trainee
                            • Oct 2008

I'm not really into MMA but when I saw Kimbo got sliced all the way down by a real MMA fighter, my interest in MMA has increased. Now I'm an instant fan of Seth Petruzelli.

Comment

• metaldad
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Apr 2007

Check out Dan White's comments on the whole Elite XC debacle. I was waiting for Kimbo to lose. It's bad enough that I'm constantly arguing the point that MMA is 100% legit and NOT pro wrestling.....It sucks when something like the Kimbo farce comes along and gives ammo to the counter argument.
                              sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...