• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • longshot454
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Aug 2006

droppen bows

hi, i'm having a little bit of a problem, when i do double elbow strikes, i find that secound contact happens more on the wrist then the side of the hand, i was wondering if any other tall guys, with long arms have had this problem or if i'm just not doing it right, any feed back will help
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Double Elbow Strikes

Actually, that happens to me occassionally also. Especially with a larger bag. It really is not a big deal. Technically, it could mean you tend to change your arm speed slightly after the elbow connects. If your fist should be up where your elbow was hit, then you slowed your arm down a bit and the fist didn't get into the way of the rebound in time (your fist was late getting into the bag...) - or it could be an arm position issue, that you pushed your forearms foreward slightly, catching the bag a little earlier in the rebound. (your wrist was early into the rebound..) I'd really have to see it happening to guess which one it is.

Again, I don't think it is often that big a deal, although it is harder to link the fist through the bag when your contact the wrist instead of the fist.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

That happens to me a lot as well. I've found that with practice it happens less and less though... as long as the bag rebounds cleanly it doesn"t seem to be much of a problem.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...