• Show
Clear All
  • Chris M
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Mar 2006

MDF ok material for drum?

Originally posted by forthaney View Post
    Wow thanks
    I have the exact same problem as you did ChrisM. I have a hot water heat pipe that is causing me some overhead clearence problems, so I need a set up similar to yours.

Do you think the MDF is ok?

Anyway thanks again. I just burnt my pizza reading all the posts on this platform. "I should eat something better for me anyway"
    MDF is fine. You only need to be aware of two problems. First, if you happen to get it wet for any reason, it's done for because it will swell up and crumble. Second, you can't really put any screws into it and expect it to hold really well with smaller screws. I don't even remember what screws came with the MDF, but if you use the longest and largest possible screws (just use the largest wood screws that will still fit through your swivel) you shouldn't have a problem.

The reason I never used the MDF is not because I didn't think it would work well, it was because I had made that really nice drum out of cherry and it was larger and I really wanted to keep it.
Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...