• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • big_deuce
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Oct 2006

What a difference

Wow, what a difference...
    I just picked up an everlast leather "large" speedbag, and i can finally keep the thing steady. I never really realized how the size made such a big difference. I got rhythm back, and it doesnt windmill on me anymore...
  • SpeedBagSkunk
    Speed Bag Skunk doesn't need a title, you already know

• Oct 2006

good job

good to hear one of our speed baggers is getting the hang of it more and more

Comment

• Chris M
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Mar 2006

I found the same thing. Wait until you get real confident with the big bag and then try to jump to a smaller bag. I quickly realized I didn't have the stamina and skill that I thought I had when I went from being very good (I thought) on an 11x8 when I jumped to a 6x9. I found I could only go half as long and it took me a while to get the hang of the faster timing.

Comment

• SpeedBagSkunk
        Speed Bag Skunk doesn't need a title, you already know

• Oct 2006

slow it down

dont woory about speed dude speed will come!@!!! work on control and technic dont go to the bag looking to punch the shit out of it

Comment

• Mistapohl
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Oct 2006

related question

i have a realated question, im hitting my everlast big bag 11x7. i can hit this bag with more consistency now and get it going at a good pace... now my question is kinda newbish. to me it seems the more coordinated i am getting with my bag it seems to be going alot slower than when i first started. has anyone else expirienced this?

Comment

• Chris M
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Mistapohl View Post
            i have a realated question, im hitting my everlast big bag 11x7. i can hit this bag with more consistency now and get it going at a good pace... now my question is kinda newbish. to me it seems the more coordinated i am getting with my bag it seems to be going alot slower than when i first started. has anyone else expirienced this?
            I may be wrong, but I think it's your perception. Now that you have an idea of what's going on and how to hit the bag it's just more manageable now.

Comment

• big_deuce
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Oct 2006

i got another question...
              Am i hitting the bag right? I punching it so that the side of my hand that my pinky is on is making alot of the contact. I know you can use a straight fist, but whats the most traditional stance and hand contact to the bag?
              Thanks alot
              Deuce

Comment

• Chris M
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by big_deuce View Post
                i got another question...
                Am i hitting the bag right? I punching it so that the side of my hand that my pinky is on is making alot of the contact. I know you can use a straight fist, but whats the most traditional stance and hand contact to the bag?
                Thanks alot
                Deuce

There are several ways to make contact with the bag. Hitting with the front of the fist, the outside of the fist, and when doing reverse punches, the inside of the fist. Please see the following link for a better explanation from our very own member, "speedbag". http://www.speedbagcentral.com/ssp/introduction

I highly recommend picking up his book and companion DVD's "The Speed Bag Bible". Contact speedbag for more information.

Comment

• big_deuce
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Oct 2006

Awesome link!
                  thanks for the info!
                  ill have to look into getting that book/dvd

Comment

• Dakota
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Nov 2006

what worked well for me, Is I started out on a 6x9 then moved to an 11x8, so it was kind of weird... anyway if you want that's an easy way to get used to it.

Comment

• Speedbag
                      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

11x8

Originally posted by Dakota View Post
                      what worked well for me, Is I started out on a 6x9 then moved to an 11x8, so it was kind of weird... anyway if you want that's an easy way to get used to it.

Hey Dakota,

are you sure that the red everlast bag in your picture below is an 11x8 (model 4210)??

It looks a little narrow to me, more like a 10x7 model 4214

maybe it's just the angle of your picture, but My 4210 seems a bit fatter than that.
                      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                      The Quest Continues...
                      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...