• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlackCatXIII
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Apr 2009

Turbo Speed Bag

I saw a post recently with a mention of dislike for this bag. I got it and I personally like it. http://store.titleboxing.com/turbo-speed-bag.html The price sold it for me. First 7x10 size bag I have used ever (9x6, 8x5 only two bags I have used). In that post it was mentioned that it was slow on the rebound, which is true. Even pumped full (far as I wanna fill it) it's still a tiny tiny wee bit squishy (I air it up every 4 days only; kudos for retaining air); and the cover material on it is very smooth on skin. That said using it bare handed, pumped full, is very soft even on miss hits; great thing I really like no rug burn or skin peels with the bag on those miss hits (1 month of use). I really enjoy it mainly for the fact that you have to hit it with more emphasis on power and have to play catch up with speed (reaction time); so power bomb away and get those shoulders burning. Going at it while trying to do #2 page 23 of speed bag bible/ alternating lead FDP really increases hand speed after a few days using the turbo and then switching to a 5x8 everlast; noticeable endurance, and timing speed/ increased bag control. I'm gonna get a title or everlast 7x10 then I can say for sure what it should be like; as it stands I like it.
  • spinsmashpop
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by BlackCatXIII View Post
    I saw a post recently with a mention of dislike for this bag. I got it and I personally like it. http://store.titleboxing.com/turbo-speed-bag.html The price sold it for me. First 7x10 size bag I have used ever (9x6, 8x5 only two bags I have used). In that post it was mentioned that it was slow on the rebound, which is true. Even pumped full (far as I wanna fill it) it's still a tiny tiny wee bit squishy (I air it up every 4 days only; kudos for retaining air); and the cover material on it is very smooth on skin. That said using it bare handed, pumped full, is very soft even on miss hits; great thing I really like no rug burn or skin peels with the bag on those miss hits (1 month of use). I really enjoy it mainly for the fact that you have to hit it with more emphasis on power and have to play catch up with speed (reaction time); so power bomb away and get those shoulders burning. Going at it while trying to do #2 page 23 of speed bag bible/ alternating lead FDP really increases hand speed after a few days using the turbo and then switching to a 5x8 everlast; noticeable endurance, and timing speed/ increased bag control. I'm gonna get a title or everlast 7x10 then I can say for sure what it should be like; as it stands I like it.
    Cool! Great review! I have a Tuf Wear bag that you have to be more aggressive with to get it moving, and that in itself gets the workout and the power/control going. To add to this, of my 10 bags, 2 are out of round. That makes rebounds a bit wacky and evasive. But... that can be a good thing to work with because when you get back on a balanced bag, you notice your control has increased.

So, although it's not as fun, I've learned to work with bag imperfections to greater increase my overall skills. It's kind of like Rocky chasing the chicken; no fun but a great workout!

BAG ON!

Comment

• BlackCatXIII
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Apr 2009

Finally the awaited comparison between the 7x10 Turbo Speed Bag and a normal 7x10 speed bag; (7x10 Title Speed Bag). The Turbo one as it has been stated before is slower but noticeably not by much. The Title does the standard 1-2-3 rebound count; doesn't matter how fast or slow you go the counts still the same. The Turbo does have the similar same count 1-2-3-? But at the end it has a kind of stutter before you can hit it again. I think the stutter is from the bag always being squishy and thus never maintains the same speed with every rebound it does; instead it slows down a bit towards the end hence the stutter (?). Again, it is definitely the bag I use to learn new techniques because it's forgiving as far as the 1-2-3 rebound count is concerned allowing for arm, hand placement to be adjusted until it becomes muscle memory. Definitely extremely helpful learning the elbow strikes from single to 4-way because of the stutter count it has; as well as anything pertaining to the figure 8 linking hits/combos. And on a side note for the Turbo it's easier to teach someone how to hit the speed bag with the Turbo than a regular speed bag especially when emphasizing elbows up and trying to get them to use the 1-2-3 rebound count.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...