• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mistapohl
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Oct 2006

Everlast combo stand

hi all, i have a question...

As I am progressing i am noticing my stand is getting more wobbly and isn't really all that stable. I do however have two 45lb weights on the heavy bag side for some stability and realize that i do need more to keep it from moving completely. If anyone has this stand and knows an "optimum" weight for support please let me know. Also, i did a search on this and a few of you recommend putting some weight or a sandbag or two on top of the speedbag unit drum itself. What is the max weight that you would put on top of one of these units? thanks in advance guys for your help. you all have been awesome so far in helping me with my new hobby.

-Aaron
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

This is 200 lbs of sand and about 160 lbs of weight, plus the 80 lb bag. The sand is "dirt cheap" 2.50 per bag at Home Depot. I used to put 50 pounds on the top of the platform, but that usually caused it to wilt forward and there was still too much movement.

The achilles heel of this stand, and all others like it, is the single vertical pole... there isn't much you can do to stop it from flexing. Some have suggested straps running over the top to the bottom, or bracketing the platform to the ceiling, but I haven't looked into that much further.

I think a wall mount unit is best - I'm going to get one soon.

Last edited by Tim; 11-08-2006, 07:09 PM.

Comment

• SpeedBagSkunk
      Speed Bag Skunk doesn't need a title, you already know

• Oct 2006

do it urself

i suggest build ur own!!! at lowes a hole set up with a precut piece of wood sanded! and like 2 2*4s a screw gun some screws BIG screws and u will be SET!!! and STURDY!!!!!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...