• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • atgatt
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2007

Tuf wear double end bag 7"

My Title 7" double end bag finally gave up the ghost after a couple years of use.

Got the Tuf Wear 7" to replace and it sure is NICE. Very well built and fine leather. Just love hitting it.

I could see why they call it "Tuf".
  • atgatt
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2007

Mello, glad to see you agree how well built they are in comparison. They list:

# Extra tough, yet supple, cowhide leather is made to take a pounding.
    # Triple nylon stitched with red leather welting to ensure long wear.
    # Quadruple-layered end loops for worry-free usage.
    # Complete with industrial grade reflex bladder.

The big seller for me was that they also have a "industrial" bladder. Every bag I had that went bad, which has only been two, it was from a leak, not worn out. Just feeling the bag when I got it before putting air in it, it sure felt "substantial" of a heavy duty bladder.

Question: I actually like more weight in a double end bag because I get better rebounds, but I don't know if the speed bags weigh so much more that it could hinder the speed compared to other, lighter bags. My Title 5 x 8 red bag for $20 is light and fast, but it has thin leather and standard bladder. It's been holding up rather well. So have you've seen a difference in speed with the Tuf Wear speed bags?

Comment

• atgatt
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Nov 2007

Mello, thanks for taking the time for your response. I learned a lot from it and could see you have much more experience with the various bags like Speedbag does.

Now I see that it was no big deal to replace the Title bladder, but I'm still glad I got that Tuf Wear. Part of it is just hitting something new. I don't know why, but it is.

Comment

• atgatt
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Nov 2007

Just some boring added info to help you fall asleep.

The 7" Title weighed in at 8 oz and the Tuf Wear at 10 3/4 oz.

Title now advertises their $20 on sale 7" is all leather but the one I bought 2 years ago that looks the same as in the picture is vinyl look-a-like leather.

Maybe Title switched to true leather because the price of leather has gone down.

I told you it was boring info.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...