• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dakota
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Nov 2006

Buying Title bag...

Well, the way I got started on a speedbag was with a 9x6 (black and red "high performance") everlast bag. then, when i actually bought my setup at home, it came with a 11x8. I'm thinking about buying a title speedbag, but I was wondering if I should get a 10x7, or just go to a 9x6.

thanks for your advice

-dakota
  • o0obruceleeo0o
    • Sep 2006

I have never used an 11x7, so I can't really say how much smaller a 9x6 would be. I did go from a 10x7 century bag to a 9x6 title, and they were about the same "fatness" at the belly, but the 9x6 was much shorter and rounder. It is a little harder to hit than the 10x7, but it is softer on the hands and faster, which I like.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

speed bag size

Originally posted by Dakota View Post
      Well, the way I got started on a speedbag was with a 9x6 (black and red "high performance") everlast bag. then, when i actually bought my setup at home, it came with a 11x8. I'm thinking about buying a title speedbag, but I was wondering if I should get a 10x7, or just go to a 9x6.

thanks for your advice

-dakota
      I suggest the 9x6, and leave it bit mushy at first. Blow it up until the outer leather surface has no creases (fully explanded), but don't keep pumping air into it.

After the leather is "pumped out" and smooth, most bags can take a lot more air. Every pump adds a bit more expansion, and speed. Finding the right place to stop is a matter of choice. But I have found that leaving a smaller bag a bit soft will help in that regard, especially for people who can't purchase various sizes, or those who have a swivel that makes it difficult to change bags.

And you can count this. after the leather is fully expanded, give it one more pump. Than two, three etc. I have found about 5-6 more starts making the outer surface pretty hard with little give to the fist hitting.

AS you feel comfortable hitting your bag, add a pump or so of air and see what happens.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...