• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rellik134
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Nov 2006

Speed bag bible, DVD or Both?

I was wondering if there are things that I would miss if I just got the DVD vs. getting the book. Id like to save money somehow. I am a total newb and very eager to learn. Do you guys think the 2hr Video will be enough?
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by rellik134 View Post
    I was wondering if there are things that I would miss if I just got the DVD vs. getting the book. Id like to save money somehow. I am a total newb and very eager to learn. Do you guys think the 2hr Video will be enough?
    I would suggest the 2hr DVD to start, and then get the book later. The book goes into great detail on a lot of things not covered in the DVD - the written notation (FSP'''RSP etc) for example.

The book is nice because you can take it with you to the speed bag platform and refer to it frequently. That's a little harder to do with the DVD, unless you have a portable player or laptop. On the other hand the DVD is nice because you can sit and watch it and don't have to read
    Last edited by Tim; 11-15-2006, 05:33 PM.

Comment

• Chris M
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Mar 2006

I agree with Tim. Send a PM to "speedbag", he may be able to help you out with a package deal or sell you something that's scratched, dented, or otherwise unusable for retail sale.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Speed Bag Bible Books & DVD

Originally posted by Chris M View Post
        I agree with Tim. Send a PM to "speedbag", he may be able to help you out with a package deal or sell you something that's scratched, dented, or otherwise unusable for retail sale.
        I agree. He's a real sucker for a sad story....

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• BillyMack
          • Sep 2006

I highly recommend you contact Speedbag, aka Alan Kahn. I recently purchased the entire 4-Disc DVD collection as well as the Bible. I won't go into specifics but he was very generous in putting together a package for me. He was also kind enough to autograph the Bible for me and even threw in an extra DVD with all kinds of interesting footage.

Although I haven't opened the Bible too much but I have watched the DVDs. They are excellent. I am fortunate enough to have a Plasma TV, so it's like having Mr. Kahn live in my living room. He is very thorough, walking you through each technique, then performing it several times as well as in slow motion.

I am just getting over a fractured ankle (motorcycle accident) so I haven't had much time to practice but my brain is full of new moves to try, and I can't wait to get out to the gym and start practicing.

Comment

• rellik134
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Nov 2006

I cant wait! Hopefully I will have enough $$$ for a package. Thanks guys!

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Speed Bag Bible training

Originally posted by rellik134 View Post
              I cant wait! Hopefully I will have enough $$$ for a package. Thanks guys!

Yea, you will
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...