• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hanoncs
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Aug 2009

Everlast 4200

I purchased the 4200. Probably should've looked at it first. The bag is quality, Weight is good, Not lopsided. but when I put it on the swivel I saw the Problem. The loop that attaches to the swivel was installed incorrectly. It is off angle and the seam hits the drum as soon as i start. I have seen bad press about thease bags, but I think if it were strait it would be a nice bag.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by hanoncs View Post
    I purchased the 4200. Probably should've looked at it first. The bag is quality, Weight is good, Not lopsided. but when I put it on the swivel I saw the Problem. The loop that attaches to the swivel was installed incorrectly. It is off angle and the seam hits the drum as soon as i start. I have seen bad press about thease bags, but I think if it were strait it would be a nice bag.
    Hey hanoncs, I'm not sure exactly what this means. The "seam" as I understand it, it the connection area between the six panels that make the bag. In the old days they used to be leather, now they are a thin red bead of plastic. the seams hit the board all the time and if the bag is correctly shaped it will not make any difference. In time the seam area around the bag belly will be beat flat from thousands of board strikes. The poor loop construction may influence how the bag hangs on the swivel, but I would think the force of bunching would overcome that, especially in time after several workouts.

to be honest I'm not sure exactly what problem you're having. I hit 4200's for years and loved the bag. I hate to see the quality of this bag line go down in quality but the last few I purchased were poorly shaped and unhitable.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• hanoncs
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Aug 2009

The main thing may be the swivel I use, It' chian link style. If the seams hit then that means the swivel is turned and the bag has a longer arc, And that slowes the bag down. In this video http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...ead.php?t=1778 (You may need to copy paste) they have a ball type swivel, If the bag spins it doesn't matter. But with my chian link style I can only hit the same two panels each time(I hope i'm explaining it ok). Do you have a video of a chain link swivel in action, Maybe i'm mistaken.

Comment

• hanoncs
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Aug 2009

OK, Update the bag is coming along great. The seams are flattening down nicely, The loop is not as big of a prob as I thought. Overall I would recommend it.

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by hanoncs View Post
          OK, Update the bag is coming along great. The seams are flattening down nicely, The loop is not as big of a prob as I thought. Overall I would recommend it.
          Sometimes a good long beating is all that they need. Glad it worked out. when it works, it is a great bag.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...