• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Baggist
    Vert Baggin' Master
    • May 2009

Ufc fight night live!!!!

Hope your all watching UFC fight night live. Every fight has been EPIC so far!!!!! GREAT MATCHUPS!!!!
  • Kyle
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2006

cudnt agree more...great fights and i think this ultimate fighter season will be good

Comment

• Jordan
      • Jun 2009

Yeah, I think kimbo slice is entirely overrated tho...he's strong, but lacks skill completely

Comment

• Kyle
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
        Yeah, I think kimbo slice is entirely overrated tho...he's strong, but lacks skill completely
        he can punch hard and thats about it but i surprised by his somewhat decent take down defence when they were training...he need to hook up with liddell he could make use of the liddlell style well...avoid the take down and if u get taken down get up quick!

Comment

• Geronimo
          • Sep 2009

Anyone have HDNET? Inside MMA? well check it out if ya dont know, Bas Ruten is one the hosts as any mma fan or practictioner of the sport knows that Bas is a beast and legend in MMA. Well im not sure about as of RECENT but in past year Bas was TRAINING Kimbo Slice for what ever reason he took to Kimbo, maybe becasue of his raw power/ballz? Im not a Kimbo fan, Im just logical stuff and Kimo at what 36 years old getting into mma with lack of GROUND GAME and submission experience in judo/bbj hes got a huge crutch there. Then again I cant find enough info on how intesive or long the Bas Ruten camp/training was, I know it took place over decent stretch past year due to it was from when he first got the fame till after he got tkod by that pink panzy Seth.

Just my insight on the Kimbo deal... and the UFC FN lastnight was one of the best if not best FN spike events. If I get better or ever goto stockton cali area, Id love to train with the Diaz Brothers. Nates modifided guiliteen choke was quality with his super long gumby arms! Then the last fight of the night for the UF show was BLOODY! that gash that dood had on his head was what 4 inches long and Deep to the skull, was like a faucet from his forhead. Point made - in MMA = if you cant wrestle, you bet ya ass you better learn fast!

Comment

• metaldad
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
            he can punch hard and thats about it but i surprised by his somewhat decent take down defence when they were training...he need to hook up with liddell he could make use of the liddlell style well...avoid the take down and if u get taken down get up quick!
            Remember guys, he got knocked out in 14 seconds by a guy 20lbs lighter who took the fight on short notice. A Kickboxer if I remeber correctly.I think Spike hyping him is strictly ratings......then again what do i know? Speaking of ratings stunts,what do you guys think of Liddell being on "Dancing With The Stars"?

Originally posted by Geronimo View Post
            Anyone have HDNET? Inside MMA? well check it out if ya dont know, Bas Ruten is one the hosts as any mma fan or practictioner of the sport knows that Bas is a beast and legend in MMA. Well im not sure about as of RECENT but in past year Bas was TRAINING Kimbo Slice for what ever reason he took to Kimbo, maybe becasue of his raw power/ballz? Im not a Kimbo fan, Im just logical stuff and Kimo at what 36 years old getting into mma with lack of GROUND GAME and submission experience in judo/bbj hes got a huge crutch there. Then again I cant find enough info on how intesive or long the Bas Ruten camp/training was, I know it took place over decent stretch past year due to it was from when he first got the fame till after he got tkod by that pink panzy Seth.

Just my insight on the Kimbo deal... and the UFC FN lastnight was one of the best if not best FN spike events. If I get better or ever goto stockton cali area, Id love to train with the Diaz Brothers. Nates modifided guiliteen choke was quality with his super long gumby arms! Then the last fight of the night for the UF show was BLOODY! that gash that dood had on his head was what 4 inches long and Deep to the skull, was like a faucet from his forhead. Point made - in MMA = if you cant wrestle, you bet ya ass you better learn fast!
            Say no more! I dvr'ed it. Gotta wait 'il Saturday to watch. Not a big Diaz fan. He's got skills,(both do) they're just too cocky and disrespectful and have this overwhelming sense of entitlement. Just my. opinion. Looking forward to Mayweather and Marquez this Saturday............Gonna be one hell of a day/night Ufc catchup, then boxing.
            sigpic

Comment

• Kyle
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
              Remember guys, he got knocked out in 14 seconds by a guy 20lbs lighter who took the fight on short notice. A Kickboxer if I remeber correctly.I think Spike hyping him is strictly ratings......then again what do i know? Speaking of ratings stunts,what do you guys think of Liddell being on "Dancing With The Stars"?.
              ya he got knocked out by a former heavyweight who has had way more experience and has beat guys way better than kimbo. if u put it that way kimbo was definitely the underdog in that fight and probably many more to come until he finds out what to do on the ground. and liddell on dancing with the stars makes me angry. why ruin a great mma career by going on a dumb show like that. no really saying he is ruining his past i just find it silly and its either for another pay check or a PR stunt that dana told him to do because that show is very popular (i hate it). so final verdict is bad idea.

ps did i mention i hate that show a lot? i get amazed when shows like that get good ratings? are some people seeing something im not? i dunno doesnt make scene to me

Comment

• riqal
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Aug 2006

ya he got knocked out by a former heavyweight who has had way more experience and has beat guys way better than kimbo. if u put it that way kimbo was definitely the underdog in that fight and probably many more to come until he finds out what to do on the ground. and liddell on dancing with the stars makes me angry. why ruin a great mma career by going on a dumb show like that. no really saying he is ruining his past i just find it silly and its either for another pay check or a PR stunt that dana told him to do because that show is very popular (i hate it). so final verdict is bad idea.

ps did i mention i hate that show a lot? i get amazed when shows like that get good ratings? are some people seeing something im not? i dunno doesnt make scene to me
                If somebody were willing to pay me good money to dance with a beautiful girl, you bet I would do it!

Comment

• Kyle
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by riqal View Post
                  If somebody were willing to pay me good money to dance with a beautiful girl, you bet I would do it!
                  not me! fortunately im not that desperate...hahaha kidding

Comment

• metaldad
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Apr 2007

Yeah.... women in skimpy outfits showing lots of leg and cleavage. Bottom line:tiltillation, popular amongst perverts, etc. Not that I'm above it, I just don't watch the show.
                    Who wouldn't? Getting paid is just the icing on the cake lol
                    sigpic

Comment

• Kyle
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Nov 2006

Yeah.... women in skimpy outfits showing lots of leg and cleavage. Bottom line:tiltillation, popular amongst perverts, etc. Not that I'm above it, I just don't watch the show.
                      Who wouldn't? Getting paid is just the icing on the cake lol
                      so what im hearing from your reasoning is that the people dont see actual entertaining value from this show just beautiful women? thats kind of sad isnt it? cuz i think its like the number one show when its on

Comment

• riqal
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Aug 2006

so what im hearing from your reasoning is that the people dont see actual entertaining value from this show just beautiful women? thats kind of sad isnt it? cuz i think its like the number one show when its on
                        I am not a fan of the show. My wife watches it. However, in defense of the show, there are some real dancing skills displayed on the show. I guess it's kind of like the ultimate fighter where guys train to fight. These guys train to dance and I guess some people enjoy that.

Comment

• metaldad
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Apr 2007

yeah it is really, but again , it's just my opinion. I really don't who know the target audience is. I listen to alot of talk radio and when the show is mentioned, everyone goes right to the outfits the women are wearing. It doesn't make me run and watch, I find it fascinating

I am not a fan of the show. My wife watches it. However, in defense of the show, there are some real dancing skills displayed on the show. I guess it's kind of like the ultimate fighter where guys train to fight. These guys train to dance and I guess some people enjoy that.
                          Good point. I know alot of air time is spent on the training, and the drama(who's a diva, who's easy to work with) but the conversations always steer back to the outfits and the type of dances and the tittillation factor. The ultimate fighter comparison is right on target cuz not everybody wants to watch a bunch of sweaty guys roling around beating each other bloody either but the training and fights are cool to watch.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Jordan
                            • Jun 2009

Remember guys, he got knocked out in 14 seconds by a guy 20lbs lighter who took the fight on short notice. A Kickboxer if I remeber correctly.I think Spike hyping him is strictly ratings......then again what do i know? Speaking of ratings stunts,what do you guys think of Liddell being on "Dancing With The Stars"?

Say no more! I dvr'ed it. Gotta wait 'il Saturday to watch. Not a big Diaz fan. He's got skills,(both do) they're just too cocky and disrespectful and have this overwhelming sense of entitlement. Just my. opinion. Looking forward to Mayweather and Marquez this Saturday............Gonna be one hell of a day/night Ufc catchup, then boxing.

My opinion of him even if you look at his youtube videos where he wins, he's a heavy hitter for sure, but he has almost no balance and is top heavy...he almost falls all the time and when he does he's really vulnerable. That of course is what allowed him to be knocked out within 20 seconds.

---also he really has a disadvantage in the show in that every fighter on the show will have had the chance to study his fighting style in depth, I don't see him winning at all

Comment

• Kyle
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Nov 2006

My opinion of him even if you look at his youtube videos where he wins, he's a heavy hitter for sure, but he has almost no balance and is top heavy...he almost falls all the time and when he does he's really vulnerable. That of course is what allowed him to be knocked out within 20 seconds.

---also he really has a disadvantage in the show in that every fighter on the show will have had the chance to study his fighting style in depth, I don't see him winning at all
                              i think he will win at least one because they are promoting him so much. also u are very right all he throws are knock out punches which makes him off balance but i think with more training he cud be a good fighter. im surprised he has no improved as much as i thought he should have working with bas ruten. who knows its a mystery right now but i can tell u right now that the dude can brawl just not really at the professional level right now.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...