• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KILROZ
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Nov 2009

what are the best training gloves??

hey guys, i just got in a new pair of Everlast Pro Training gloves, and they are so small i have to fight to get my hand it, and when it's in, it is so tight that it hurts! there are no sizes on these things other than weight (16oz, etc.). so needless to say, i'm going to return them or sell them on e-bay. i hate waiting for title to process returns. if anyone is interested, i'll sell these gloves (they are brand new, just opened them today) for $65 shipped. here's a link to them http://www.titlemma.com/p_ETGV+16+BK.aspx

so i need to get a new pair of gloves. i need a large size, as i've got some wide hands. i have a pair of super bag gloves, but need a pair of training gloves, preferably hook-and-loop. any recommendations are appreciated. i'd prefer to get something off Titlemma.com as i have some store credit with them. thanks guys!
  • atgatt
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2007

KILROZ, just return them where you bought them. Many people get things that don't fit right. What is sad about that is you sometimes end up paying so much for shipping, it gets expensive just in that.

If there is a good sporting goods store near you with boxing training gloves, go there so you can try them on first. Even if they don't feel right when you try them on a bag or sparring, just return them as long as they look new.

I once tried large bag gloves and hated them. Too big and still not enough padding for my bad knuckle that was bothering me then but no longer does, but, do what works for you. None of us are alike or hit the same things or in the same way.

Comment

• KILROZ
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by atgatt View Post
      KILROZ, just return them where you bought them. Many people get things that don't fit right. What is sad about that is you sometimes end up paying so much for shipping, it gets expensive just in that.
      haha that is my primary concern... it costs $10 to return them through UPS, then i have to pay to have the new ones shipped to me. it sucks!

Comment

• Baggin'
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Nov 2009

I suggest the Gel gloves...I may be a little bias since I work there...but I own the Gel Bag gloves and wouldn't switch for anything.

Comment

• atgatt
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Nov 2007

Now that I'm hitting the heavy bag a lot, I might invest in some Everlast gel 14 oz gloves they have on sale at a local sporting goods store for $39.

Baggin', thanks for the gel info.

Comment

• atgatt
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Nov 2007

Hitting the heavy bags now brought back my left hand's bad large knuckle syndrome again. I tried the Everlast 14 oz gel gloves but even in the large size they seemed too tight on my knuckle. Then just tried the MMA style bag gloves but they put pressure on that knuckle. So now I use the Everlast gel wraps and I love them for heavy bags that are not real hard and for the smaller bags such as speed and DE. Makes hitting the bags much more comfortable without the bulk and weight.

Anyone else like the Everlast gel wraps for lighter, softer bag work?

Comment

• SpeedKilz
              • Dec 2009

I primarily use just hand wraps but use these from time to time depending on how hard I go or if I jacked one up one of my hands and need some extra cushion. Similar to to the Gel wraps but with some wrap to go around for extra protection & fit.

Comment

• atgatt
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by SpeedKilz View Post
                I primarily use just hand wraps but use these from time to time depending on how hard I go or if I jacked one up one of my hands and need some extra cushion. Similar to to the Gel wraps but with some wrap to go around for extra protection & fit.

http://store.titleboxing.com/title-p...gel-wraps.html
                speed, I agree those give more support and heard that for real support, it's tough to beat hand wraps, but for the surfaces I hit, the gel wraps do the trick better than any boxing gloves I've tried. Matter of fact, I once had the boxing gym owner wrap my hands (he's and expert), and they drove me nuts. My knuckle and hands were happy to get them off when hitting the heavy bag with good bag gloves over the hand wraps. Sure wish I was normal.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...