• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kyle
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2006

swivel

hey just wondering what you guys think of this swivel?(good or bad).

________
    SinfullEyes
    Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:13 AM.
  • Chris M
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Mar 2006

I'd give that swivel a thumbs up. I have what appears to be the same swivel, only mine is not blue, it's stainless steel and I got it at Title: http://store.titleboxing.com/title-p...ro-swivel.html

I like it a lot. It's very fast and quiet, it's the one I use for my indoors unit. It has some slight disadvantages to the ball hook swivel in that it cannot change planes as quickly, but I can do advance combinations on it, that is hitting from all sides.

I don't think you'd be disappointed with it. The only thing I suggest if you get that swivel is to put some thread locker on it, it has very fine threads and it tends to work loose easily, at least mine does. The thread locker took care of that problem though.

Comment

• Kyle
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Nov 2006

thanks

thanks for your help i order the swivel and a rivel bag to im from canada to so shipping is not to much ill let you know how the bag and swivel are. Again thanks for you help
      ________
      Peach

Comment

• o0obruceleeo0o
        • Sep 2006

If it's the same kind as chris's, that's a really good deal. $24 CAD is only like what, $20-21 US?

Comment

• Chris M
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by o0obruceleeo0o View Post
          If it's the same kind as chris's, that's a really good deal. $24 CAD is only like what, $20-21 US?
          It works out to 21.75, and you're right, that is a hell of a deal. I wonder what material it is? I guess we'll find out when Big Nesticles gets his and gives us his review!

Comment

• Chris M
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Mar 2006

Too bad Rival isn't making their heavy bags yet. The site just says they are coming soon. I'm in the market for a Heavy bag and I think I'm going to go with Ringside. The cheapo bag I have is just too light and it moves around too much. It's also shorter than normal and all the stuffing has settled down to the bottom of it which leaves me with only the bottom third of a shorter bag to practice hitting on.

Comment

• Kevdawg0324
              • Oct 2006

chris, the swivel that you got from ringside, would you say that it is better than ringside's "super swivel"?

Comment

• Kyle
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Nov 2006

swivel

the swivel from rival is Anodyzed steel.
                ________
                Wellbutrin Settlements

Comment

• Chris M
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Kevdawg0324 View Post
                  chris, the swivel that you got from ringside, would you say that it is better than ringside's "super swivel"?
                  I don't know that it's any better. I'd say it's pretty much the same in it's action and performance.

The only difference really between the two is the super swivel has a bigger bar or loop which means the bag tends to move around side to side more. The loop on the mexican style is considerably narrower which means the bag doesn't move around side to side as much.

Mexican swivel: http://www.ringside.com/detail.aspx?ID=25472

Super swivel: http://www.ringside.com/DETAIL.ASPX?ID=24601

You can tape the bags in place on either type of swivel and eliminate this problem completely. Personally, I change bags a lot, usually at least once per session. Lately I've been starting off with a larger bag to warm up and move to a smaller bag when I'm really ready to rip it. I know you can reuse the tape but by the time I make time to get down to the basement to work on my speedbag, I don't want to waste time with tape. I know, I know, but such is my life. It's hard enough to take roughly 2 hours out of my day to work out, which is what it takes by the time I drive to the gym, workout, sit in the sauna, shower, drive home, etc. Luckily my family supports me in dedicating that time to myself.
                  Last edited by Chris M; 12-11-2006, 07:00 AM.

Comment

• o0obruceleeo0o
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Chris M View Post
                    Too bad Rival isn't making their heavy bags yet. The site just says they are coming soon. I'm in the market for a Heavy bag and I think I'm going to go with Ringside. The cheapo bag I have is just too light and it moves around too much. It's also shorter than normal and all the stuffing has settled down to the bottom of it which leaves me with only the bottom third of a shorter bag to practice hitting on.
                    I reccomend this bag: http://www.ringside.com/DETAIL.ASPX?ID=24751

It's on sale for $79.99. It's 70lb durhide with 1" padded lining. I've had it for a few months now and I love it. There is a little bit of settling, but I think that is inevitable. It's not so bad that it's an issue or anything.

Comment

• Chris M
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by o0obruceleeo0o View Post
                      I reccomend this bag: http://www.ringside.com/DETAIL.ASPX?ID=24751

It's on sale for $79.99. It's 70lb durhide with 1" padded lining. I've had it for a few months now and I love it. There is a little bit of settling, but I think that is inevitable. It's not so bad that it's an issue or anything.

Well, I ended up ordering this one last night shortly after I made the post above: http://www.ringside.com/DETAIL.ASPX?ID=25262

I chose this one because I wanted at least 100 lbs and I really wanted leather (it also didn't hurt that I had a choice in color, so I chose red). It was a toss up between the ringside one above and this one from Title: http://store.titleboxing.com/hbl.html The deciding factor was the Ringside was $10.00 cheaper and it appears from the photos that the Ringside has better reinforcement for the tabs up top with more reinforcement rivets.
                      Last edited by Chris M; 12-11-2006, 09:07 AM.

Comment

• o0obruceleeo0o
                        • Sep 2006

Oh cool! I'm sure you'll be really happy with it .

Comment

• Chris M
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Mar 2006

I know we're hijacking, but one more comment and I'm done.

I hope my new Ringside heavy bag isn't too soft with the 2 inches of foam. Too late now

Comment

• ribbs
                            Speed Bag Trainee
                            • Dec 2006

Sweet!

I think that must be the coolest swivel that I have seen yet.But, is it fast and smooth ,oh yeah and don't forget quick.

Comment

• Speedbag
                              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Swivel

Originally posted by ribbs View Post
                              I think that must be the coolest swivel that I have seen yet.But, is it fast and smooth ,oh yeah and don't forget quick.
                              hmmm. I believe those are attributes of the user, not the swivel. Every swivel made is potentially faster than we are.

Although I often advocate "blaming the swivel" for bad days on the speed bag, in truth it is usually our fault the swivel "isn't fast, smooth or quick".

(...for the record, I own over 30 swivels of all sorts, and I have often overheard them talking about this in low whispers among themselves. in fact, there is a low key feud between bags and swivels about who is more important for speed.. )
                              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                              The Quest Continues...
                              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...