• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • saifullah21
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Nov 2006

What about this company?

On speedbagcentral.com, this website is the only reliable source for the metal ball and hook swivels.

Does anyone have experience with this company or this swivel? On the ordering page I didn't notice the "secure" padlock on my screen so I stopped just short of placing an order. I also checked them out on the bbb site and they have an unsatisfactory record.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by saifullah21 View Post
    On speedbagcentral.com, this website is the only reliable source for the metal ball and hook swivels.

Does anyone have experience with this company or this swivel? On the ordering page I didn't notice the "secure" padlock on my screen so I stopped just short of placing an order. I also checked them out on the bbb site and they have an unsatisfactory record.
    I have not dealt with them directly. IF they are an unreliable company, I will remove the link from SpeedBagCental.com
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• BillyMack
      • Sep 2006

saifullah did you ever order one of those all-metal swivels...??

I want to order but I don't even trust the customer service reps to confirm whether its all-metal or not...

Comment

• saifullah21
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Nov 2006

Billymack,
        No. I didn't order anything from them because there wasn't any padlock icon on my browser to indicate security. I looked them up on the better business bureau's page and their record was unsatisfactory. I'll probably just call them and order, if their metal ball and hook swivel is high-quality.

Comment

• BillyMack
          • Sep 2006

I just got off the phone with these guys...the person I spoke to said they are a small company just getting their web sales going so they don't have secure ordering....

He also said the metal ball swivel is indeed what is pictured, that they have then special made overseas....he said they have a backorder list of about 50, and they should receive a shipment after the 1st of the year.

I'm definitely going to order one, so in a few weeks I'll report back and let ya'll know....

Comment

• saifullah21
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Nov 2006

any word yet, Billymack?

Comment

• BillyMack
              • Sep 2006

Just got off the phone...they are still on backorder...the guy said "with the ports the way they are it could be another month"...whatever that means....he suggested I wait a couple more weeks then place my order...I'll call back in a couple weeks and find out...

Comment

• Chawncy
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Dec 2006

If you are looking for the metal ball/hook you might try a "Play It Again Sports" if you have one in your area. I just got back and they have two on the rack for $19.99 each.

Comment

• Carolina Five-O
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Jan 2007

Swivel Pictures

Here are some pics of the prototype swivel from Watkin Fitness. I went by the address twice each time the door was locked the second time I went to the side door and buzzed the intercom and got the gentleman to come down and talk to me. He sold me one of his prototype swivels and said he should have them in stock in 4 weeks (that was at least 3 weeks ago); he had a store front sporting goods shop in the past but now has converted to internet only that is why the front doors stay locked. Anyway I started speed bagging around Nov and had never used a metal swivel before so I don't have anyway of comparing this to the metal Everlast swivel, this swivel is much better than using the plastic version for sure.

The ball has a set screw that locks down onto the hook shaft then it has a nut to tighten down onto the ball, at first it worked loose pretty fast so I had to retighten it again. If it doesn't hold this time I think I will put locktite on the threads or just drill and pin the ball to the shaft. He said that the threads of the cap piece are interchangeable with the metal Everlast base?? And that he would sell the individual pieces on his web site so you would only have to replace the worn parts and not the whole swivel. This is an import from India that is why he says it taking so long to get these through the ports and into N.C.

So far as a rookie I like the metal swivel action I'll continue to beat on it and see if holds up and keep everyone updated.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Dutchman
                    Speed Bag Historian
                    • Jun 2006

Looks like he put a nut on the hook shaft coming out the top of the swival ball, and set screws on the side as well. Locktite everything and it looks bullet proof.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Watkins metal speed bag swivel

I removed the link from Speedbagcentral.com to his swivel.

Until I hear from the field that it is a reliable source of supply, and have personally hit it, or hear from people I respect who have, I will not link to it again

If you're gonna sell something - Have it on hand ready to ship.
                      Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                        Looks like he put a nut on the hook shaft coming out the top of the swival ball, and set screws on the side as well. Locktite everything and it looks bullet proof.
                        I would like it better if the nut wasn't there and the metal shank and eyehook could go futher up into the ball. It would shorten the shank about 1/8 inch or so.

On the older everlast models, you could move the shank up into into the ball to the point that the eye actually hit the housing. I still have a few of those classics laying around.
                        Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Chris M
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Mar 2006

Please keep us updated on how it holds up.

I'm very interested in getting one of these as a spare if it's worthwhile. Right now I only have one Everlast metal ball/hook swivels as a spare and I'm jealously guarding it.

Comment

• jaguiler
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Jan 2007

try the plastic - it's not so bad - skunk made a video to provethis point as well...

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                            Working...