• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

The Camel Spider........ITS REAL!!!!!!

Ok, all the critter talk has brought us to this: until now, I always thought the South American Bird Eating Spider was the world's largest, that was before my wife's cousin sent me this link. BEHOLD! The Camel Spider of Iraq. The beast is real and our fighting men and women have to deal with them unfortunately. Lots of myths surrounding this critter of critters. The fact is that they DO get up to 8 INCHES in size and can run up to 10 MPH!!. Arachnophobes, start packing!!

YEEEEEEEEECHHHHHHHHH it's squishing time!
    sigpic
  • ukspeedbag
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2007

OMG! That's one hell of a scary spider. You wouldn't see me for dust! Thank god we don't have anything like these critters in the UK.

Comment

• RenoRattler
      • Sep 2009

HOLY $)($#*&#$*(#$!!!!!!

I am never sleeping again.

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

That is one creepy lookin' insect (thing). Looks like it's part scorpion.
        Either way, I'm outta here! Yeooooooow!
        T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
          Ok, all the critter talk has brought us to this: until now, I always thought the South American Bird Eating Spider was the world's largest, that was before my wife's cousin sent me this link. BEHOLD! The Camel Spider of Iraq. The beast is real and our fighting men and women have to deal with them unfortunately. Lots of myths surrounding this critter of critters. The fact is that they DO get up to 8 INCHES in size and can run up to 10 MPH!!. Arachnophobes, start packing!!

YEEEEEEEEECHHHHHHHHH it's squishing time!

Ha! I laugh at your camel spider.

Bring it to Texas. Our Tarantula's will kick it's achranids.

we see them all the time down here...

the one in the top video was singing as it leaves Texas heading for Chicago....
          Last edited by Speedbag; 02-21-2010, 05:33 PM.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ukspeedbag View Post
            OMG! That's one hell of a scary spider. You wouldn't see me for dust! Thank god we don't have anything like these critters in the UK.
            I can send you and Joey a couple if you want.

but I doubt they'd make it through customs...
            Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• metaldad
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
              Ha! I laugh at your camel spider.

Bring it to Texas. Our Tarantula's will kick it's achranids.

we see them all the time down here...

the one in the top video was singing as it leaves Texas heading for Chicago....
              Firstly...I ain't touchin' no arachnid! Nah ah! Nope, Not! HELL NO! So if that camel spider, or deer killer as it is referrred to in these here United of States, wants to travel its angry eight legged tailbone to Texas and pick a fight, I'll watch from a safe distance thank you very much. I've seen your Texas Tarantula when I was stationed in San Antonio (Medic School for the National Guard). I fear your fire ants more than your tarantulas! Those bastards are straight up MEAN! Your spiders are relatively laid back. Unless you're these sad sorry folk. Secondly, I hope the one on top got the words to "Sweet Home Chicago" right!! Screw it up and get squished by our beloved Buddy Guy!........Maybe spidey'll stop by Legends for a brewski?
              Last edited by metaldad; 02-21-2010, 06:31 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Huntsman Spider from Down Under–with a great ending

Well, I guess YouTube has targeted me and now all of these spider videos are being offered up to me for my *eek* viewing pleasure.

So, I'm passing another one on to you MD! Enjoy...
                Well, we know who will REALLY enjoy it!

sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• metaldad
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Apr 2007

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
                  Well, I guess YouTube has targeted me and now all of these spider videos are being offered up to me for my *eek* viewing pleasure.

So, I'm passing another one on to you MD! Enjoy...
                  Well, we know who will REALLY enjoy it!
                  Ok, firstly.....I am not going to Australia! Especially DRIVING!! Are you kidding me!? That bug likes to hide in cars!? What the hey!? They don't need to bite, just drop their big behinds down in your lap or on your hand. Yes Lexi was grinning ear to ear at the video.....but today she's more interested in Wii lol. I should get her the Deadly Creatures game....she'd sink her little fangs into that for sure.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Ok, firstly.....I am not going to Australia! Especially DRIVING!! Are you kidding me!? That bug likes to hide in cars!? What the hey!? They don't need to bite, just drop their big behinds down in your lap or on your hand. Yes Lexi was grinning ear to ear at the video.....but today she's more interested in Wii lol. I should get her the Deadly Creatures game....she'd sink her little fangs into that for sure.
                    Man, Metaldad that huntsman is one UGLY spider! Get a load of these pictures....

This will give ya nightmares. The D@$N thing is smiling!
                    Attached Files
                    Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• metaldad
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Apr 2007

Man, Metaldad that huntsman is one UGLY spider! Get a load of these pictures....

Why Alan1 That is just the CUTEST most Good looking specimen of an arachnid today! By golly let's see that bugger do a few fist rolls!! On multiple bags no doubt. What an improvement on nature's design. Look at hose chompers. Perfection!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Tim
                        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Why Alan1 That is just the CUTEST most Good looking specimen of an arachnid today! By golly let's see that bugger do a few fist rolls!! On multiple bags no doubt. What an improvement on nature's design. Look at hose chompers. Perfection!

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

If I catch one in Texas I'll send it to Lexi.

Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Biff
                            Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

AK, the new PhotoChop king.

Comment

• operator3
                              • Mar 2010

I have had the pleasure of seeing a camel spider in person. They are the most brazen bugs on the planet! when i was in Iraq(1997..?), they had a really bad reputation! they would chase people, dogs, and even Humvees. Not a joke, they are NASTY! one of my buddies forgot to turn his boots upside down and bang them out before putting them on. He was bitten just above his little toe. It was one of the grossest things i have ever seen! he showed it off like a badge of courage hobbling around the sand box. He ended up losing his toe. As for the tarantula being a formidable foe, not a chance.. Camel spiders are very agile and are insanely tenacious! Ive seen HUGE spiders in the jungles of Panama (some the size of your face), and I still think the Camel spider is at the apex of the spiderdom.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...