X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • INDYFIGHTER
    • Sep 2006

$20 Title bags???

Just wondering if anyone has one of these? I was thinking of getting the smaller one, a 5x8 I think.
  • Chawncy
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Dec 2006

I got the 6x9 a couple weeks ago. Great bag at a great price. Light , fast and easy on the mitts.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Title Classics

I've got several and like them alot. But they are light and take some getting used to...
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• INDYFIGHTER
        • Sep 2006

Thanks! I think I'm going to get one. I've been wanting a 5x8 even if I'm not ready for it yet. It's just a great price.

Comment

• Chris M
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
          I've got several and like them alot. But they are light and take some getting used to...
          Speedbag said a mouthful there. When I first got my Title Classic 5x8 bag I thought it was a novelty item and not really for speed bagging. It was very small and very lightweight and impossible to hit consistenly. Of course I have grown accustomed to it now, but I really thought this thing was unusable because of it's weight.

You should also know that it is not a classic speed bag teardrop shape, it's more oval shaped than anything.

EDIT: Weird, I just went back and looked at the link above. My Title Classic bag is almost shaped like a football but without pointy ends, unlike the teardrop shape pictured in the link. I'll take a picture of it and post it later.
          Last edited by Chris M; 01-17-2007, 01:27 PM.

Comment

• INDYFIGHTER
            • Sep 2006

Well, my orders placed. Like I said I don't know how ready I am for such a bag but I wanted one in my arsenal to play with. I'll let you know how I like it.

Comment

• jaguiler
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Chris M View Post
              Speedbag said a mouthful there. When I first got my Title Classic 5x8 bag I thought it was a novelty item and not really for speed bagging. It was very small and very lightweight and impossible to hit consistenly. Of course I have grown accustomed to it now, but I really thought this thing was unusable because of it's weight.

You should also know that it is not a classic speed bag teardrop shape, it's more oval shaped than anything.

EDIT: Weird, I just went back and looked at the link above. My Title Classic bag is almost shaped like a football but without pointy ends, unlike the teardrop shape pictured in the link. I'll take a picture of it and post it later.

chris - did you ever take that picture ? I am about to order a Title and not sure which to get now - the $29 one of the $19 Classic.... I am looking at 6x9

Someone had posted in the speedbag size vs weight link a picture of a yellow 5x8 and a 6x9 Classic and they both looked pretty much the same to me. I will end up with both eventually but wondering which to buy first.

Comment

• Chris M
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by jaguiler View Post
                chris - did you ever take that picture ? I am about to order a Title and not sure which to get now - the $29 one of the $19 Classic.... I am looking at 6x9

Someone had posted in the speedbag size vs weight link a picture of a yellow 5x8 and a 6x9 Classic and they both looked pretty much the same to me. I will end up with both eventually but wondering which to buy first.
                Unfortunately, I did not. I will make a note to do so this afternoon.

Unless you want a very small lightweight bag, I would definitely spend the extra $10 to get the regular Title bag, but that's my preferences after owning both.
                Last edited by Chris M; 01-23-2007, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• jaguiler
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Jan 2007

I am not sure I want a bag that lightweight -

I have been hitting the 4214 10x7 Everlast - which is on the heavier side - I think a lighter bag might let me concentrate on technique rather than hitting hard to get the Everlast moving at a decent speed.

Comment

• Chris M
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Mar 2006

Here's the pictures I promised.

Funny, it's not quite as oval shaped as I thought it was. The shape of the Title Classic is still drastically different than the Title and Everlast bags though.

I've attached two pictures, one of the Title Classic all by itself and another one sitting next to an Everlast Professional 6x9 bag.

I hope this helps to illustrate the size of this little bag. It is extremely light as well. Tim posted the weights of different bags in a post a while back but I can't seem to find it now
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Chris M
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Mar 2006

I am not sure I want a bag that lightweight -

I have been hitting the 4214 10x7 Everlast - which is on the heavier side - I think a lighter bag might let me concentrate on technique rather than hitting hard to get the Everlast moving at a decent speed.
                      Hitting bag as light as the Title Classic requires a different hitting technique altogether. You have to refine your technique to hit faster and not as hard. It's hard to describe. It definitely requires you to keep your hands and elbows up.

I also enjoy hitting a heavier bag. I love hitting my 10x12 bag, it's like hitting a mini-heavy bag and it's a much more aerobic workout than hitting the smaller bags.
                      Last edited by Chris M; 01-23-2007, 12:40 PM.

Comment

• Tim
                        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Chris M View Post
                        Tim posted the weights of different bags in a post a
                        while back but I can't seem to find it now
                        Comparative weights of a few different kinds of speed bag

The Title Classic is definitely light.. note that is the 8x5 I'm weighing.

Comment

• jaguiler
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Jan 2007

thanks for the pictures - are you sure those are both 6x9's that you are showing ? and not a 6x9 and a 5x8 ? the size difference is a lot !

thanks again !

Comment

• Chris M
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Mar 2006

thanks for the pictures - are you sure those are both 6x9's that you are showing ? and not a 6x9 and a 5x8 ? the size difference is a lot !

thanks again !
                            The Everlast bag is a 6x9 and the Title Classic is a 5x8.

Comment

• INDYFIGHTER
                              • Sep 2006

Yep, looks just like the one I got in the mail yesterday. First impressions and this is from only a total of maybe fifteen minutes of use is I like it. Chris M's right in that it's not about hitting the bag as much as it is just keeping your hands moving. It removes a lot of the effort needed to move the bag. I think I'll enjoy it however I did have to readjust my platform which although easy enough, I'd rather not have to mess with. Guess it's time to put up a second platform???

Do some bags tend to want to swing a certain way? Seems like my bags have sides that want to face forward more than others. Like this new Title Classic has a BIG seam where it's laced up and I kept turning it around away from me but it always seemed to end up facing out again. Or am I just crazy?
                              Last edited by INDYFIGHTER; 01-24-2007, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...