• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaguiler
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2007

Weighting the board

wow - I finally got the idea of weighting the board.
    I have the Everlast $50.00 board with a 4214 bag. I thought it was the bag being heavy or my poor hitting that was making everything slow.
    so on a whim I put a couple of boxes of ceramic floor tiles up there... (soon to be replaced with something safer) - and man ! what a world of difference !!
    the rebounds were better and the sound is better! just the bag hitting the board - I wish I had done this sooner !

I didn't realize my board was vibrating as much as it was !... this helped the rebounds because the board is no longer absording the bag's hits.... so the bag has a quicker and truer bounce !
  • Chris M
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Mar 2006

I use sandbags on my platforms. It works well even on the well made units like the Balazs ibox.

If you use sandbags, make sure and put them in a big garbage bag or something similar to keep from being showered with sand.

It does indeed work very well and it makes it noticeably quieter as well as eliminate vibration.

Comment

• Kevdawg0324
      • Oct 2006

i agree. not to mention that sand is very cheap.

Comment

• Roscoe
        • May 2006

Sand

Originally posted by Chris M View Post
        I use sandbags on my platforms. It works well even on the well made units like the Balazs ibox.

If you use sandbags, make sure and put them in a big garbage bag or something similar to keep from being showered with sand.

It does indeed work very well and it makes it noticeably quieter as well as eliminate vibration.
        Man, I thought my platform was done until I put two 25 pound bags of sand on the topside of the drum. Before the sand bags, there was a slight hum in the air when I'd hit the bag to the left or right....it's the Rock of Gibraltar now!

I followed your advice and used garbage bags as well as sand bags to keep sand out of my eyes

Thanks, Roscoe

Comment

• BillyMack
          • Sep 2006

I recommend you break up the sand into smaller bags of 5-10# each and place them in a thick, heavy canvas bag or duffel...

Comment

• Chris M
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by BillyMack View Post
            I recommend you break up the sand into smaller bags of 5-10# each and place them in a thick, heavy canvas bag or duffel...
            Good advice, too bad I haven't followed it yet.

What do you put the 5-10# sand in? Garbage bags, and then into the duffel bag?

Comment

• BillyMack
              • Sep 2006

I double up plastic bags from the grocery store and tie them with the handles...makes the sand easier to manage for 1 person...

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...