• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2007

Speed Bag Bible

Does Anyone know if the speed bag bible is sold at any chain book stores or anywhere in south FL. I went to barnes and noble and none of the stores carry it. I know I can order straight from the site and I will if I do not find a store in the next couple of days. I know I am being impatient but I am exited to read it now that I am progressing to more advanced punching combos.
  • Chris M
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Mar 2006

PM "Speedbag", he's the author and he'll work out something for you. I highly recommend you get the DVD also.

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Chris View Post
      Does Anyone know if the speed bag bible is sold at any chain book stores or anywhere in south FL.
      I've never seen it in any book store... although maybe a martial arts store might carry it ?

Comment

• Chris
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Jan 2007

I knew he was the author but I did not know if anyone from south fl knew of a local store. He has already answered some my questions on this forum before, and I thank him for that because I value his opinion for obvious reasons. I am going to buy it either way and if it puts more money in his pocket to order directly from his site I will do that. So, speedbag let me know...Thanks.

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

The Speed Bag Bible

Originally posted by Tim View Post
          I've never seen it in any book store... although maybe a martial arts store might carry it ?
          From the horses mouth:

Only a few "chain" stores have ever carried it, and that was by single stores, probably because three or four people asked for it by special order.

To get a book "place" in a whole chain ( ie...all Barnes & Noble stores) you have to have a distributor or agent or publisher promotion. Most "single title" self published books don't make it into the "Big chains" without major clout. Maybe Oprah, or one of her big time lady friends, will start punching and mention it... But you should be able to special order it from any commercial bookstore.

Most Book Stores, including chain, libraries or mom-&-pop stores, purchase books, or special Order them, from book distributors such as Baker & Tayor or Ingram Book Distributors. The Speed Bag Bible is currently printed digitally via Lightning Source.com, which is a sister company of Ingram Books. It is listed with LSI in America and UK, so it can be printed in UK also.

But Since Tim and the membership have done such a great service with this forum, and we have such a great group of real speed bag fans - one of the "unwritten perks" of a registered membership on this forum is that You can get the Book and/or the video's (DVD or VHS) a little cheaper from me directly via PM. I sometimes get slightly damaged books (bent, damaged cover) or DVD's (cracked case, etc) that can't be sold retail. If I don't have some damaged product, than I'll send new ones. I only do that for members of THIS online forum. It also gets your copy personally autographed ( WOW) if desired. (I think that's going for at least $1.25 on ebay right now..)
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Chris M
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Mar 2006

The Speed Bag Bible is currently printed digitally via Lightning Source.com, which is a sister company of Ingram Books.
            When you say digitally, does that mean electronically? I'd love to have a copy of the SBB in electronic format so I could read it on my pda!

I don't know about anyone else here, but I would enthusiastically buy an electronic copy, whether it was in .pdf or Microsoft Reader (my preferred format).

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Speed Bag Bible printing

Originally posted by Chris M View Post
              When you say digitally, does that mean electronically? I'd love to have a copy of the SBB in electronic format so I could read it on my pda!

I don't know about anyone else here, but I would enthusiastically buy an electronic copy, whether it was in .pdf or Microsoft Reader (my preferred format).
              Yes and No.

YES: I have to upload the digital text files to their server and they print them with special printers.

NO: the book is not currently available in purchasable form as an e-book or pdf format.

However, the files uploaded to them have to be in pdf format. In theory, I guess these PDF files would work, but... and this is a big but, they are HUGE files because The pictures have to be imbedded in the text.

In the "old paste up way" of printing, the text was printed on bright white pages, with Black boxes for picture placement. The pictures were sent as prepared "half-tones" with location markers. The printer staff had to match these up. It was more difficult from my end to get it ready, but the pictures actually printed a lot sharper that way. I'm not impressed with the quality of the imbedded pictures as PDF, but it is the only way to afford printing orders of less than 2,000 or 3,000 books at once to get the price per book down. For "short run printing" like mine (1 - 100 copies at a time), digital printing is now the the only way to go.
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• jaguiler
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Jan 2007

wow - with your tutorial - I want to write a book now ! nothing to write about though....

I agree with Tim - an Ebook would be great - although not sure how popualr it would be... I can study my Speedbag Bible during a meeting on my pdA

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...