X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kevdawg0324
    • Oct 2006

promex speedbags

anyone here use the promex speedbags that are found on titleboxing.com . i am using a title yellow 5x8 (that i love) and it is starting to come apart so i think it's time for a new one. i am leaning towards the everlast pro 5x8. i have little experience with this speedbag, so i thought i would get to know it a little better. i may also go with a ringside 5x8 that i have lots of experience with and love to use.
  • Kevdawg0324
    • Oct 2006

has nobody used a promex bag?

Comment

• Kyle
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Nov 2006

nope cant help ya sorry
      ________
      Recall prilosec
      Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:14 AM.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Pro mex

Pro Mex Professional

I've hit Reyes, which seemed heavy per size, but can't remember ever getting jiggy with a Pro mex. Nice looking bag, good shape, with an exterior beaded (welt) seam. Can't really tell by the picture if the welt is plastic or leather. Probably leather, based on how it looks on the yellow bag in the picture, but then again it might not give a true representation.

Let us know how it hits.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Chris
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Jan 2007

How does the softness compare to other bags? What is the softest bag anyone has hit.

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

speed bag

Originally posted by Chris View Post
            How does the softness compare to other bags? What is the softest bag anyone has hit.
            I think that comparison is really hard to make, at least for me, because I think the "hardness" and "softness" of a bag is more closely dependent on how much air is inside. Less inflation makes for a softer bag, and more inflation makes a harder bag.

I will say the the "slicker", stiffer leathered bag like this Everlast 4210 tend to shred my bare hands (fist burn, etc) more than a softer leathered bag like the Everlast 4200

But again, to me, inflation is the greates determinant on hardness or softness.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...