• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swaddington
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2007

what is tyson using?

excuse the language in the beginning, but that was tyson...
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

in that video, what piece of equipment is tyson working with around 52 seconds in? i have a similar piece of equipment in that i have a small weight rigged to a rope but it seems like his is almost mechanized or it just runs much more efficiently than the one i rigged up. can anyone tell me what he's using, or how to duplicate what he's using?
  • BillyMack
    • Sep 2006

Slip Device

He is praciticing the art of "slipping". That device does appear to be mechanical as opposed to a hanging bag, not sure what it is exactly. Title sells a bag for practicing the same concept.

Comment

• swaddington
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Jan 2007

i'm afraid i'm new, what exactly is slipping? i had assumed it was simply practicing the art of ducking an object and working the body inbetween the passing of the bag.

Comment

• Chris M
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by swaddington View Post
        i'm afraid i'm new, what exactly is slipping? i had assumed it was simply practicing the art of ducking an object and working the body inbetween the passing of the bag.
        "Slipping" is a boxing term that is used to describe when you kind of duck a punch thrown at you. Only you're not exactly ducking, you're just moving your head and upper body to one side and keeping your eyes on your opponent. It is an excellent opportunity to throw a counter punch when someone throws you a punch because their arm is extended and not protecting themselves.

Comment

• Kevdawg0324
          • Oct 2006

it looks to me like a regular slip bag. very similar looking to a speedbag, just heavier and hangs from a rope.

Comment

• swaddington
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Jan 2007

i bet i could make a mechanical version of it. just take the mechanism you'd find in a metronome and mount a metal rod into it. that way i can variate the speed and don't ahve to deal with pushing the bag back and forth

Comment

• Chris M
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by swaddington View Post
              i bet i could make a mechanical version of it. just take the mechanism you'd find in a metronome and mount a metal rod into it. that way i can variate the speed and don't ahve to deal with pushing the bag back and forth
              and don't ahve to deal with pushing the bag back and forth
              Yeah, expending effort while trying to get exercise is a real bummer

Looks like I wasn't quick enough in getting my patent for the automated electric speed bag. Just sit back and listen to the sweet sound of the speed bag : )

(That is joke guys, but it sure does sound like something that our lazy society would buy and use. I'll bet if I put an mp3 or DVD player in it, it would sell in the US.)
              Last edited by Chris M; 01-31-2007, 02:13 PM.

Comment

• BillyMack
                • Sep 2006

Lol

Automated Electric Speedbag: complete with flip-down LCD screen to put you right into the action...includes ported subwoofer to simulate the sound of the bag rebounding...or plug in your headphones and enjoy a "vritual" workout while the wife sleeps...order now and receive a year's supply of aromatherapy capsules in 3 varietes (sweat, jock strap, or B.O.) to simulate a real gym environment...

Comment

• Speedbag
                  Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by BillyMack View Post
                  ...enjoy a "virtual" workout while the wife sleeps...order now and receive a year's supply of aromatherapy capsules in 3 varietes (sweat, jock strap, or B.O.) to simulate a real gym environment...
                  HaH! that's a scream.
                  Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                  *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                  The Quest Continues...
                  Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Chris M
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by BillyMack View Post
                    Automated Electric Speedbag: complete with flip-down LCD screen to put you right into the action...includes ported subwoofer to simulate the sound of the bag rebounding...or plug in your headphones and enjoy a "vritual" workout while the wife sleeps...order now and receive a year's supply of aromatherapy capsules in 3 varietes (sweat, jock strap, or B.O.) to simulate a real gym environment...

Yeah, we could also get Alan to make some clips in High Def that could sell as an "Add-on" to play on the flip down LCD screen.

"And if you order within the next 3 minutes only, we'll offer you a High Definition video of speed bag master Alan Kahn. The Automated Electric Speedbag will play along to Alan's speedbagging much like a player piano does. Not only do you get to see Alan in action, but you can watch and hear exactly what his speedbag was doing as he was hitting it. AMAZE YOUR FRIENDS with the simulation! Imagine their surprise when they see you doing such complex motions with the speed of an accomplished and world-recognized master!

Comment

• Varflips
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Feb 2006

its called a maize bag, and yeah its just for slipping

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...