• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimmyfingers
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Feb 2007

bouncless speedbag

I recently bought a TKO training gym which includes heavy bag, double end bag and speed bag (WITH SWIVEL TYPE #2..from previous thread).
    The speed bag is slow and barely bounces back....I read that initially you should let the bag bounce five to seven times before hitting it again and build up a rhythm.....no matter how hard I hit this bag it will not bounce more than three times...from the video footage I have seen other bags are springy and bounce lots.....
    Am I doing something wrong?
    I want to keep training on it but this is demoralizing...please help.
    Attached Files
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

Are you gettig a lot of vibration in the platform when you hit the bag? Excessive vibration will dramatically reduce the number of rebounds. This is unfortunately normal in most stand alone gyms. As has been suggested on these boards you can try putting a sand bag on top of the platform. This will reduce vibration Also what does the bag feel like? Is it firm, or soft? An underinflated bag will also reduce rebounds.

Comment

• jaguiler
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Jan 2007

you can try changing the platform to a solid peice of wood as well - from Lowes - I got a 24" round piece of PIne - my 10x7 bag flies now - although I think it may be a 9x6

Comment

• Kyle
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Nov 2006

try measuring it. this works for my 10x7 and 9x6 use a tape measure and hover it over the bag and you can read the width and length that way. let me know it this works for u and if your confused ill post pictures if you like.
        ________
        Shihirizada1990
        Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:16 AM.

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Tko

Originally posted by jimmyfingers View Post
          I recently bought a TKO training gym which includes heavy bag, double end bag and speed bag (WITH SWIVEL TYPE #2..from previous thread).
          The speed bag is slow and barely bounces back....I read that initially you should let the bag bounce five to seven times before hitting it again and build up a rhythm.....no matter how hard I hit this bag it will not bounce more than three times...from the video footage I have seen other bags are springy and bounce lots.....
          Am I doing something wrong?
          I want to keep training on it but this is demoralizing...please help.
          I suspect you have two problems. First, your bag. I have used a TKO speed bag once, and it was the last time I wanted to. They normally make very good equipment but I just cannot recommend their speed bags. Before investing a great deal of money in other more elaborate fixes, I suggest you change to a more standard and reliable bag, such as title, everlast or ringside.

Second, the boards on the freestanding frames are really light and low quality for any sustained punching. Along with the shakiness of the unit themselves. You need to somehow stabilize your board (sandbags is a favorite) and consider somehow adding stabilizer straps of some type to reduce overall vibration.

Good luck and don't give up. There is plenty of speed bag joy to be had under a freestanding frame. You just gotta work with it.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...