• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

$700 Ringside platform

Yeah, but would the kids find a way to give each other rides on it?

Attached Files
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

Almost forgot about this one. I got the impression that it didn't sell all that well. It's price new was considerably more than what this person is asking for it now, as I recall.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
      Almost forgot about this one. I got the impression that it didn't sell all that well. It's price new was considerably more than what this person is asking for it now, as I recall.
      I remember those. They were in vogue during 1997-1999 or so. I went to the Ringside sponsored "Silver Gloves tournament" in Kansas City in 1998 to do a speed bag session for the coaches and they had these in their display room. They used a satellite dish motor for height adjustment. They also used the satellite motor design to raise and lower the board on their portable assembly.

Go to the bottom of this page and you will see a side view of my freestanding tripod unit from that era, (no longer made) which I added side support straps to. You will see a notch sticking out on the straight vertical bar pole about the level of my shin. That is where the bottom of the motor assembly attaches, with another notch near the top by the board. This floor unit was a lot sturdier with the extension attachment and satellite motor but I didn't use it in the house.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...