X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillyMack
    • Sep 2006

BillyMack Challenge

Let's see if anyone can duplicate this. Not sure how to write this one, maybe continuous quadruple outward elbow with one rebound in between:

Here's a funky front roll with elbows and double fists, one rebound all the way through...
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Challenge

Originally posted by BillyMack View Post
    Let's see if anyone can duplicate this. Not sure how to write this one, maybe continuous quadruple outward elbow with one rebound in between:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJS1X_hyUIE

Hmmm. The way I see it, you're doing and Outward Triple Elbow Strike (OTES) followed by an advanced Front Double Punch (FDP after one rebound...), then the slick part is changing to the other arm for the O-TES. The last fist of your advanced FDP would normally lead the next OTES, but you're crossing the lead fist over and using that Elbow to alternate the combo to the other side. Not an easy do, but done very nicely.

L-L/R....R-L.......R-R/L...L-R
    O-TES ' FDP ' ' ' OTES ' FDP ' ' '....repeat.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Chris M
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
      Hmmm. The way I see it, you're doing and Outward Triple Elbow Strike (OTES) followed by an advanced Front Double Punch (FDP after one rebound...), then the slick part is changing to the other arm for the O-TES. The last fist of your advanced FDP would normally lead the next OTES, but you're crossing the lead fist over and using that Elbow to alternate the combo to the other side. Not an easy do, but done very nicely.

L-L/R....R-L.......R-R/L...L-R
      O-TES ' FDP ' ' ' OTES ' FDP ' ' '....repeat.

This is a great example of how well Alan's speedbag written system works. I can't view the video at work because youtube.com is blocked by our servers, but after Alan wrote it out, I know exactly what you're talking about.

Thanks Alan!

Comment

• SpeedBagSkunk
        Speed Bag Skunk doesn't need a title, you already know

• Oct 2006

why?

why must you hurt my head? Now i have to learn another thing damn it man, i guess billy mack has set another punch that i must try to dupilcate... well off the the speed bag
        props billy

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by SpeedBagSkunk View Post
          why must you hurt my head? Now i have to learn another thing damn it man, i guess billy mack has set another punch that i must try to dupilcate... well off the the speed bag
          props billy
          Actually, Skunk, to make it harder - add another advanced FDP to it to make the alternating arm change easier

(* but the extra FDP also makes it harder....)

L-L/R.....R-L....L-R......R-R/L....L-R...R-L
          O-TES ' FDP ' FDP ' ' ' OTES ' FDP ' FDP ' ' '....repeat

Look at the last two fists of the OTES. Count them as a FDP, so you really have three FDP in a row with one rebound in between
          Last edited by Speedbag; 03-07-2007, 07:30 PM.
          Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• BillyMack
            • Sep 2006

Ante Up

You drive a hard bargain, Mr. Kahn! But I'm up for it. Adding a second advanced FDP is a challenge, but why not 3? Here's a clip:

A variation with 2 and 3 advanced front double punches...fun stuff...

Back to the bag, Skunk!

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by BillyMack View Post
              You drive a hard bargain, Mr. Kahn! But I'm up for it. Adding a second advanced FDP is a challenge, but why not 3? Here's a clip:

A variation with 2 and 3 advanced front double punches...fun stuff...

Back to the bag, Skunk!
              OK, BM, you are really starting to get annoying.....

You're making this look way to easy. The ease and smoothness of your movements is just amazing. No jerking or miss-hits. Even on the changeovers. Your advanced FDP fist positions are rock solid. I struggle to do four or five in a row and you're gonna be doing eight to ten with no problem in no time.

must be the hat

Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim
                Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                You're making this look way to easy. The ease and smoothness of your movements is just amazing.
                That's great Billy, you look like a pro whose been at this forever!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...