• Show
Clear All
  • jaguiler
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2007

Everlast Professional 9x6 Speedbag

HI -

I just picked up an Everlast Professional size "M" - 9x6

The bag - like their other Professional series bags, are really soft, they seem to be very well made as well. I have the 10x7 as well - and they seem to run a little smaller than their advertised size. I measured mine and it is a half inch smaller in each dimension - so the10x7 is 9.5x6.5 and the new bag the 9x6 measures out to 8.5x5.5

The shape of the 9x6 bag seems to be more of a banana - well not so much - but my 10x7 had a perfect fat bottomed teardrop shape to it. This bag is more of a banana shape - but still a teardrop - just much less teardrop than the bigger bag.

Hitting it feels great !! Not sure if I can go back to it's bigger brother now... it is a tad faster - and linking between FCP and RSP is much easier now as well - that is the skill I am working on now - that is why I went to the smaller bag.

Hope this review helps someone = Overall - the Everlast Professional bags are excellent, well made, lightweight, good size and shape. Enjoy !

• BillyMack
    • Sep 2006

I second that

I have the exact bag and I love mine. I wouldn't have described it as banana-shaped though; mine seems to be more rounded than elongated. Anyway, it is indeed a very nicely constructed bag and has very soft leather. It is a tad heavier than Title's 9 x 6 and seems a little rounder to me.

Here's a video with the Everlast 9 x 6 Pro in black/yellow...

Comment

• Chris M
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Mar 2006

I have the exact same bag in the exact color and it too is one of my favorites for the same reasons.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

..you guys are gonna make me get one of these...
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• jaguiler
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Jan 2007

definately nice... but I think mine might be a little lopsided... or misshapen...

I will post a picture later of both my 10x7 and my 9x6 together and you will see a definate difference in shape - I may go exchange it and see if I get a different shape.

Comment

• Chris M
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by jaguiler View Post
            definately nice... but I think mine might be a little lopsided... or misshapen...

I will post a picture later of both my 10x7 and my 9x6 together and you will see a definate difference in shape - I may go exchange it and see if I get a different shape.
            Several people here on the board have reported problems with the Everlast Professional bags being misshapen or lumpy. I would definitely exchange it for another one if you're not happy with it.

Maybe I've been lucky but I've never had a problem with my Everlast bags.

Comment

• jaguiler
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Jan 2007

well I am still happy with it - but I would like it to be the proper shape

I will probably take my pump with me to the store when I exchange it. The people at Dick's (in Columbia, MD) where I go are so f'ing lazy ! they won't even use their pump when I ask them to pump up a bag for me. so I have to take my own... very sad.

Comment

• BillyMack
                • Sep 2006

The people at Dick's (in Columbia, MD) where I go are so f'ing lazy ! they won't even use their pump when I ask them to pump up a bag for me. so I have to take my own... very sad.
                Then why are you spending money there? Seriously, you should order online, find another store or at the least talk to the manager. Tell 'em Alan Kahn sent ya... j/k j/k

Comment

• jaguiler
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Jan 2007

BillyM - what you ask is logical. but when you order online - you still have the chance of getting a bag with an issue like this. Between the ordering, shipment, time waiting eagerly, then disappointment and then shipping back and waiting for a new bag... you have already spent a at least a week.

Dick's is 15 minutes up the road and sells the bag for $29.00 - plus I can go in and pump up all the bags and choose the one I like.

Although I do feel supporting the online dedicated boxing stores is very important.... and everyone should buy from them, but so is supporting the local stores as well. Especially when you can't wait to try out a new/different bag.

oh if someone gives me a hard time about pumping up all their stock of bags... then I will talk to the manager. althoguh I doubt anyone would bother to say anything...they are too lazy

Comment

• BillyMack
                    • Sep 2006

I hear you...just hate to see someone get "Dicked" over...

Comment

• Speedbag
                      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

......oh if someone gives me a hard time about pumping up all their stock of bags... then I will talk to the manager. althoguh I doubt anyone would bother to say anything...they are too lazy
                      Originally posted by BillyMack View Post
                      I hear you...just hate to see someone get "Dicked" over...

so, your Pumping up the bags at Dicks?

I don't think that is legal in Texas
                      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                      The Quest Continues...
                      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• jaguiler
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Jan 2007

- something about that sounds weird.... inuendo ? (inyourendo)

I checked the other bag at Dick's and it had some stitching issues - so I kept the one I have. I deflated it and fingered inside the bag and got the offending bump to go away. So now it seems pretty normal.

I think I will try to make a video tomorrow with my picture camera. I noticed it has a fast frame mode.... I guess I have ot open a You Tube account now...

Comment

• speedboy
                          • Feb 2006

i have the 8x5 everlast pro bag (sent to me by Chris m, thanks again chris!)

all i can say is that bag rebound much better than the 8x5 title on my platform!

Comment

• jaguiler
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Jan 2007

yeah - I can't wait to get an 8x5 Everlast Pro - I may get it in Black -

I like the one I have now...and seems plenty fast for me..... but yeah they are great bags

Comment

• Jerrod
                              Speed Bag Trainee
                              • Mar 2008

well I am still happy with it - but I would like it to be the proper shape

I will probably take my pump with me to the store when I exchange it. The people at Dick's (in Columbia, MD) where I go are so f'ing lazy ! they won't even use their pump when I ask them to pump up a bag for me. so I have to take my own... very sad.
                              I did the exact same thing at Dick's in Deptford NJ. The associate was helpful enough to pump up three bags before I found one that wasn't misshapen. The manager was upset that the associate from the bike dept. was inflating speedbags, but what are you going to do?

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...