• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

Patent - 1912 platform design

Adjustable platform with overhead, vertical, and rotary bagging capabilities. Inexpensive to produce, claims the inventor. Maybe he was a plumber...

US Patent #1032139

Attached Files
  • PIEFURZ
    Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Neat idea, wonder if it is strong enough to not flex. I've been wanting to make a cage out of some wood but not sure if it will be strong enough. I wonder if these patents expire. There shouldn't be anything wrong with building one as long as you don't produce to sell. Any more treasures? I'm looking for ideas.

Comment

• Avadia
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by PIEFURZ View Post
      Any more treasures? I'm looking for ideas.
      That cage Jeanne La Mar was using in that old photograph looked pretty solid. Shouldn't be too hard to make if you can find some iron pipe.

Comment

• Dutchman
        Speed Bag Historian
        • Jun 2006

It was common practice in a lot of pro gyms, and boxing training camps to build strikiing bag stages if you will. It wasn't unusual to for them to use threaded pipe and associated fittings to set up multiple stations. If you have a wood floor that you don't mind screwing into you can build a really stable cage If you can't do that, a sheet of 3/4" or thicker plywood will do just fine for a base.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...