• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • novaspeedbagger
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2010

Slower song with upward view to check out combo's

Just messing around while hitting to music so I posted this punch drumming warm-up. It seems to be a decent video for studying various combos at a slower speed. I hope it helps some newer baggers add some variety successfully to their speed bag / speedball sessions. All you other baggers that haven't tried punching to music...give it a try! I hope it helps

Keep on baggin and Postin!
    Last edited by novaspeedbagger; 02-04-2011, 06:33 AM. Reason: correct title spelling
    Novaspeedbagger
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

Edifying, thanks.

Comment

• toolboxdiver
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Jan 2008

great video Nova keep them commin Bag on

Comment

• StevieMac
        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by toolboxdiver View Post
        great video Nova keep them commin Bag on
        +1 very nice!

Comment

• Biff
          Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

You're right, Kerry, a slower tempo allows for better "inspection" of the combos being thrown. Thanks for the vid.

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Brilliant work, NOVA! Dead on beat. I see you are really feeling the syncopated combo's now.

OK, on this song you could also jump to double time basic rhythm punching. You will have to punch faster to match the beat but it will sound great at certain portions of the song and give you some speed, force and sound variety. Especially with the FDP ' ' RDP combo's.

super job.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Aug 2010

Thanks for introducing Punch-Drumming Alan

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
              Brilliant work, NOVA! Dead on beat. I see you are really feeling the syncopated combo's now.

OK, on this song you could also jump to double time basic rhythm punching. You will have to punch faster to match the beat but it will sound great at certain portions of the song and give you some speed, force and sound variety. Especially with the FDP ' ' RDP combo's.

super job.
              It's seems to be coming along Alan. Thanks for checking out the vid and all the advice you've given me. I have come to appreciate punch drumming a whole lot recently. There is nothing like it to make a workout so much fun! The time just flies by and it's really playing not working at all! Thanks for introducing this to the fitness world!
              Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• metaldad
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2007

Great video. You got mad skills!
                sigpic

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Aug 2010

Thanks!

When's your next vid coming?
                  Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post
                    ...I have come to appreciate punch drumming a whole lot recently. There is nothing like it to make a workout so much fun! The time just flies by and it's really playing not working at all! Thanks for introducing this to the fitness world!
                    Boy, you got that right, nova. The closest I came to "working out" was back in the late 80's doing Jazzercise aerobics. Lasted about 3 months, then lost interest.

There's something very compelling about hearing the beat the speed bag. It's just so danged irresistible to me. Can't get enough time playing my BFF speed bag. Come to think of it, when punch-drumming, I'm not sure who's playing who... am I playing my BFF... or is it playing me?
                    Anyway, thanks Kerry for posting from this angle. It's very helpful. And your skills are amazing. Very inspiring. I have learned a lot from watching your videos. Can't wait to see and hear your next video.

sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                      Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Great job! Great angle! Great skills!
                      It is so cool to see people locking up the bag to music....
                      It made total sense to me in the beginning... just a matter of learning
                      the combos evenly ....
                      I am very impressed with your progress!
                      BAG ON BAG MAN!
                      Last edited by spinsmashpop; 02-09-2011, 04:18 PM.

Comment

• Heppsan
                        • Jan 2011

Just messing around while hitting to music so I posted this punch drumming warm-up. It seems to be a decent video for studying various combos at a slower speed. I hope it helps some newer baggers add some variety successfully to their speed bag / speedball sessions. All you other baggers that haven't tried punching to music...give it a try! I hope it helps

Keep on baggin and Postin!
                        Wow!!
                        Great work, I bet i could have guessed the song only by hearing you beating the bag!! Amazing!

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Heppsan View Post
                          Wow!!
                          Great work, I bet i could have guessed the song only by hearing you beating the bag!! Amazing!
                          Thanks !

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
                          Boy, you got that right, nova. The closest I came to "working out" was back in the late 80's doing Jazzercise aerobics. Lasted about 3 months, then lost interest.

There's something very compelling about hearing the beat the speed bag. It's just so danged irresistible to me. Can't get enough time playing my BFF speed bag. Come to think of it, when punch-drumming, I'm not sure who's playing who... am I playing my BFF... or is it playing me?
                          Anyway, thanks Kerry for posting from this angle. It's very helpful. And your skills are amazing. Very inspiring. I have learned a lot from watching your videos. Can't wait to see and hear your next video.

I guess that's why the board is called a drum....which were playing with our fists and the speed bag is acting like mallets.

Your welcome D! I no doubt caught the punch-drumming fever in a big way, by viewing your videos and seeing your skillz get better each post.

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                          Great job! Great angle! Great skills!
                          It is so cool to see people locking up the bag to music....
                          It made total sense to me in the beginning... just a matter of learning
                          the combos evenly ....
                          I am very impressed with your progress!
                          BAG ON BAG MAN!
                          Thanks Brian! I am not sure if I learned the combos evenly before I started punch-drumming but once I started hitting to music, trying to meet the challenge of staying with the beat, my bagging rhythm became much more consistent.....probably because it demands greater accuracy in striking. If my accuracy doesn't continually improve my punch-drumming quality goes downward.

It makes sense to me now because it's a lot of fun trying to stay with the beat!
                          Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• metaldad
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Apr 2007

When's your next vid coming?
                            I'm working on it. Trying to get some new skills down and stay motivated during this brutal cold snap we're experiencing.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Tim
                              Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Just messing around while hitting to music so I posted this punch drumming warm-up.
                              Very nicely done Kerry. I am always impressed... even with your "warm-up"

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...