X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ninja420
    • Jan 2007

Picked up some new stuff

was hitting my bag tonight after work and it was like BAMM the bag started to make more sence to me. I was so stoked I had to post a video. I cant wait to see where things go from here

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

new stuff.

Originally posted by ninja420 View Post
    was hitting my bag tonight after work and it was like BAMM the bag started to make more sence to me....
    Deja vu all over again....

happens to the best of us. and it ain't over yet
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++

Very nice front fist rolling. Great control of that.

suggestion: when you pass your fists through there is a noticeable downward angle to the rear, and your kinda swinging UP to the reverse punches. I did hear a few upward chanks on your swivel, indicating a low contact pushing the bag upwards slightly. not enough to affect your speed right now, but you might try to push the fist(s) a little straighter through the bag. the bag appears a little high, and when your fist hits it is noticeable higher than your elbow. This will force the fist to move (downward..) to the level of the elbow as your extend it out. Perhaps you could raise your elbow up a little higher, for your upper arm looks slopes down slightly from the shoulder to the elbow.

Intricate linking all around the bag, particularly on a small bag at high speed, is really all about position. It is MUCH easier if your set up is correct. That is why I emphasize an almost parallel shoulder-to-elbow angle. The fist seeks the level of the elbow,

just for an example, notice the upper arm and elbows during extended linking combinations. The elbows drop and move around at times, but When going front-to-back and side-to-side, "through the bag" the elbows and upper arms are pretty much locked and don't move.

hope it helps.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ninja420
      • Jan 2007

yep It helped alot thanks for the speedy tips I keep looking at your video and mine and thinking our bags look almost identicaly poportioned "spelling" but I could be wrong and probley am LOL. I hope to get a new bag very soon a much much smaller bag so a new platform will be in order. Im thinking the title small, the topcontender small, or the everlast pro small. And one more thing I think I have to credit some of my new improvement on the new 10$ plastic swivel I bought. I used to have a chain swiv. that I bought for 30$ what at pice of shit that was! there should be a thread on here with the title WARNING CHAIN SWIVELS ARE GARBAGE! :P

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ninja420 View Post
        yep It helped alot thanks for the speedy tips I keep looking at your video and mine and thinking our bags look almost identicaly poportioned "spelling" but I could be wrong and probley am LOL....
        Almost, but not quite. I think you are hitting the Red 11x8 Everlast 4210 model, and my video was a 9x6 Everlast 4200.
        Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ninja420
          • Jan 2007

yep thats what I was thinking and the fact that our heads are similar distances from the bord and Im using a biger longer bag

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Everything about your punching movements indicated you're fairly new to the bag and just need to work on basic techniques and combinations, especially Reverse Punching. Before long it will feel more natural. I think your distance to the bag is alright. The 4210 is a fairly big bag.
            Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...