X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roscoe
    • May 2006

TKO Platform

Found/bought one on consignment at an exercise equipment store the other night for $95. Drum was cracked, looked like whoever tightened it to the platform didn't bother to shim it as needed...the chain-link swivel had seen better days and the bag still held air but pretty banged up. What I was after was the platform itself, it is built along the same lines as the Everlast Adjustable Pro ...it comes with two angle iron rails that bolt to your wall studs and then the platform bolts to it, you loosen the bolts to slide it up or down, you know the kind. I bought this setup because I'm hearing that a single beam (pole) that I'm using might not be the sturdiest platform base. I don't have any wall space at the moment and will continue with my initial plans to see how it works and report back here. If my garage plans don't work out maybe I will use this TKO platform outside. I finally got a camera and will take some pix tonight.

Roscoe
  • jaguiler
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2007

I think you were after the mount - you can make your own platform to replace the cracked one - you can visit your local lumber yard ot Lowes and get a round piece of wood - fairly think as you can get - 1" is nice... hardest wood you can get - doesn;t even have to be round.

You can always replace the bag as well... but now you have something good to start with - post the pictures !

Comment

• Kyle
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by jaguiler View Post
      I think you were after the mount - you can make your own platform to replace the cracked one - you can visit your local lumber yard ot Lowes and get a round piece of wood - fairly think as you can get - 1" is nice... hardest wood you can get - doesn;t even have to be round.

You can always replace the bag as well... but now you have something good to start with - post the pictures !
      agree 100% while your at lowes i suggest you pick up some sand bags to while your there it will cut down on vibration significantly
      ________
      Web shows
      Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...