• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • novaspeedbagger
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2010

How To Black eyed P-unch Drum'n

This punch-drumming vid uses mostly basic punches keeping the beat, so baggers might see that you can punch drum in a basic way, but when you feel comfortable, you can add something more advanced.

This is the Title Classic 8"x5" speedbag and the Powermill swivel by jumpcannon still going strong and smooth.

I am using the leather strap without the S-hook.

Keep on Baggin and try some punch-drumming

Novaspeedbagger
  • toolboxdiver
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post
    This punch-drumming vid uses mostly basic punches keeping the beat, so baggers might see that you can punch drum in a basic way, but when you feel comfortable, you can add something more advanced.

This is the Title Classic 8"x5" speedbag and the Powermill swivel by jumpcannon still going strong and smooth.

lookin smooth as ever Nova great video

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Loved it nova. Yes, it's simple with just some basic punches, but that's the beauty of it. Amazing how something so simple can become so captivating. And the rhythm the bag makes is great! BTW, when are we gonna see your face again?

This is a great demo for those "on the fence" punch-drummers out there. Come on over to the dark side of speed bagging. ...
      sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
      I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

I see you have started grooving with syncopated combinations now! throwing in a lot of "pick up beats" with double punches, 3-3, 5-1 and some even or odd fist roll combinations. Pretty cool. I'd say you're definitely improving in both the complexity of your bag beat and skill of combinations. Gotta get you moving to the sides, which will open up still more variations. Super vid, Nova.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Inkspill
          • Dec 2010

I really like the rhythm! Great transitions between the pass throughs and rolls, on point!

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Aug 2010

Thanks for stopping by!

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
            Loved it nova. Yes, it's simple with just some basic punches, but that's the beauty of it. Amazing how something so simple can become so captivating. And the rhythm the bag makes is great! BTW, when are we gonna see your face again?

This is a great demo for those "on the fence" punch-drummers out there. Come on over to the dark side of speed bagging. ...
            You are so right Dee! I think I hit to this song about 10 times in a row once I enjoyed the first try at it so much!

I hope we get a few more punch-drummers in the near future.

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
            I see you have started grooving with syncopated combinations now! throwing in a lot of "pick up beats" with double punches, 3-3, 5-1 and some even or odd fist roll combinations. Pretty cool. I'd say you're definitely improving in both the complexity of your bag beat and skill of combinations. Gotta get you moving to the sides, which will open up still more variations. Super vid, Nova.
            I'll give some more time to side punching during my next bag session. Thanks for watching and for the expert advice as always Alan! I'll have to refer back to your book on the 3-3 and 5-1 references. I'm not sure what you mean. I'm guessing 3-3 is FDP ' ' ' and 5-1 I'll guess is the 5 punch fist roll linked with 1 Rear Straight Punch... I'll check that out in the SBB!

Originally posted by Inkspill View Post
            I really like the rhythm! Great transitions between the pass throughs and rolls, on point!
            Thanks Inkspill!
            Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Aug 2010

Thanks TBD! Your Speed bag truck fabrication Job inspired me to teach myself to weld. Don't know what I gonna build to completion yet but I'll post my first steel creation when it's done!

Keep on Baggin!
              Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• toolboxdiver
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Jan 2008

Thanks TBD! Your Speed bag truck fabrication Job inspired me to teach myself to weld. Don't know what I gonna build to completion yet but I'll post my first steel creation when it's done!

Keep on Baggin!
                good luck all i can tell you is watch the puddle it is the key, keep your puddle size the same and it will help and don't get discourged it takes practice

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Aug 2010

Originally posted by toolboxdiver View Post
                  good luck all i can tell you is watch the puddle it is the key, keep your puddle size the same and it will help and don't get discourged it takes practice
                  Yea I can see that after getting started with a little welding practice. I did manage to fabricate a rectangular frame that I am going to try to use for a speed bag platform that will attach to an adjustable chin up bar that we have in my School's weight room. It's one of those racks that has holes in Two vertical steel channels mounted to the wall. If it works it should be a real solid set up. I'll post some pics when my project is finished.

The Frame is made from rectangular tubing that is pretty thin, about 1/16". I've managed to weld it up pretty square, but my weld's are not very pretty. Thank God someone invented a grinder. I got pretty good penetration on the welds so we'll see how it goes when I finally get it mounted to the gym wall and a speed bag attached to it.

I hope it turns out as Solid as the Speed bag truck!

Thanks for the welding Tip! I appreciate it!
                  Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• deano
                    Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

Your going like a house on fire Nova and making it look easy

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Aug 2010

Thanks deano! I still attempt the "deano elbow's" regularly. Still working on that challenge. Thanks for watchin mate!
                      Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• Speedbag
                        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Thanks deano! I still attempt the "deano elbow's" regularly. Still working on that challenge. Thanks for watchin mate!
                        He is simply unreal at what he does on the bag. Others are now learning his style, but Deano is, and will always be, an original.
                        Imitated, but never duplicated.
                        Last edited by Speedbag; 03-07-2011, 07:06 PM.
                        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                        The Quest Continues...
                        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...