X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aad03

• Jan 2010

Lonsdale Small

This is the Small that Ringside sells. Lonsdales from England are different.

The Everlast in the last picture is the 6x4 Cp:XS

And here's an old video of me hitting the Lonsdale: http://www.youtube.com/aad03#p/u/71/QLvQ2CLJss8
    Attached Files
  • ebozyn
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2010

hi. aad03. i was wondering... i think it was you that was talking about replacing bladders in dead bags, with the ringside bouncier bladders. How effective is that?

i have a bag that really needs to gain some spring, and that made me think of the ringside bladders.

just what is the procedure...? do you have to glue the bladder in at the bottom by the valve?

I would be putting the ringside bladder in a promex 7x10. since the bag measures between the sizes of the 5x8 title standard, and ringside's RPSB 6x9.

i'm guessing a person could use either the small, of medium sized bladders

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by aad03 View Post

The Everlast in the last picture is the 6x4 Cp:XS
      How does that model compare to the good old "black and gold" 6x4? Can you post a pic?

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Feb 2010

That Lonsdale bag has been on my wish list for ages, mainly because of how it looks and how much I like my British Lonsdale authentic peanut bag.

What is it like to hit? Can't remember if you've got any British Lonsdales and how you think it compares?

I can't get that design style here in the UK but I would consider getting one shipped over if it was a nice bag to hit.

Comment

• Brother Cavefish
          • Jan 2011

looks like its stitched good,
          Choose You this day , Whom You shall Serve

Comment

• aad03

• Jan 2010

Originally posted by ebozyn View Post
            hi. aad03. i was wondering... i think it was you that was talking about replacing bladders in dead bags, with the ringside bouncier bladders. How effective is that?
            I actually put a Ringside Medium Latex bladder in a Pro-Mex 9x6 and was surprised how much more life it gave to the bag. I think it is very effective. I know there's a better way to do it, but I just pretty much ripped the old bladder out, some of them are stitched in at the air valve, so I had to cut that small piece of thread. Then put the Ringside bladder in, making sure to line up the air valve with the hole in the leather. It's pretty simple once you do it a time or two.

Originally posted by Tim View Post
            How does that model compare to the good old "black and gold" 6x4? Can you post a pic?
            I gave away the only black and gold that I had, but I think it is exactly the same in terms of size. I probably need to hit the black and gold again if I come across one.

Originally posted by Mrs Mitts View Post
            That Lonsdale bag has been on my wish list for ages, mainly because of how it looks and how much I like my British Lonsdale authentic peanut bag.

What is it like to hit? Can't remember if you've got any British Lonsdales and how you think it compares?

I can't get that design style here in the UK but I would consider getting one shipped over if it was a nice bag to hit.
            The blue and white Lonsdale is a cool looking bag, but it is completely different from the Lonsdale bag I got from Sugar Ray's. I don't have the Authentic Peanut, but the other Blue and Red Lonsdale Peanut bag. My British Lonsdale probably has the most bounce of any of my bags, my US Lonsdale probably has the least. It is very well made, I just think the leather is a little too thick.

Comment

• jojojunfan
              • Dec 2010

hi! can you get those where you live? I am curious because i have a new job and I go to the Title boxing store every week to hang and chat. Also, i realized that on my route i go right past the ringside store. I never thought of trying thier bags because i didnt know they had a show-room! Are their bags really good compared to others? I just go to the title fight store because they let me take a few home, try them out and then i buy the one i like. I like the look of ringside bags for some reason. just curious.
              " If everyone were satisfied with themselves, there would be no heroes "

Comment

• jojojunfan
                • Dec 2010

Sorry if i messed up, that question was for ms. mitts.

Comment

• Hannibal
                  • Dec 2010

this thing is the same construction as the Ringside Ultra Rebound bag..the only difference is Ringside has added weight to the bottom..hmmm maybe have to cop me one of these beauties in a 9x6

Comment

• jojojunfan
                    • Dec 2010

Hannibal, have you ever used ring side bags? I am thinking of trying one .

Comment

• Hannibal
                      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by jojojunfan View Post
                      Hannibal, have you ever used ring side bags? I am thinking of trying one .
                      Yep. Own two. I just got my Ultra Rebound bag yesterday, and wrote a review on it. Also, have hit the older bags like Ralph sells. I love them. After doing a great deal of research to find a quality bag that lasts because my funding is not as good due to medical bills, I have found you can't lose with Cleto, Ringside, or now Lonsdale. I was able to get in on a bag session last night at one of my gym mates homes. It is just as fine of quality if not better than ringside.

Comment

• Brother Cavefish
                        • Jan 2011

in what ways are the london Lonsdales different from the Ringsides Lonsdales
                        Last edited by Brother Cavefish; 03-20-2011, 01:00 AM.
                        Choose You this day , Whom You shall Serve

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...