• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RandyK
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Mar 2007

Can someone please help me ?

This is probably a dumb question but I just purchased a 3 in 1 boxing bag stand and I have assembled everything except one thing. There was no instruction on how to attach the speed bag to the swivel.

The speed bag has a closed loop on the end and so does the swivel . Am I missing something ? Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by RandyK; 03-27-2007, 06:52 PM.
  • Kyle
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2006

this sounds like a chain link swivel? but theres no loops in the chain link so the type of swivel would help us.(see if you can find pic of it on a website or find out the type). if it is the chain link the bottom rod of it comes out. this is a very common problem. no such thing as a stupid question were all here to help and we were all begginers once and needed help with little things.
    ________
    Vitta
    Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:18 AM.

Comment

• RandyK
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Mar 2007

I got it. thanks.

Comment

• Kyle
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Nov 2006

no problem
        ________
        DaemonBabes
        Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:19 AM.

Comment

• Glenn
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Nov 2007

I am having the same problem, the swivel that came with the 3 and 1 is the everlast top professional swivel. Any helpon how to get speed bag on would be appreciated.
          Thanks

Comment

• Chris M
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Mar 2006

If you look at the sides of the link, you'll see there is a link on one side. Get a pair of needle nose pliers and pull that link away from the open end of the link. Sometimes it helps to spread the link with a screwdriver while pulling on it. Be careful, those things can fly away from you pretty easily and they seem to have the ability to find the darkest corners or fly away into very obscure places.

We used to call them "Jesus clips" when I was working in the shops because you'd be pulling on some "c" clips which are similar and they would pop off and make you say "Jesus!" every time.

Comment

• Glenn
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Nov 2007

Thanks for the help getting it off, although I feel like I am going to break it putting it back on.

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Glenn View Post
                I am having the same problem, the swivel that came with the 3 and 1 is the everlast top professional swivel. Any helpon how to get speed bag on would be appreciated.
                Thanks
                Hi Glenn,
                Sounds like you need a pair of retaining link or spreader pliers.

Check here for help on the Everlast top professional chain link Hope it helps.

If it is related to speed bag, there are NO stupid questions on this board.
                Last edited by Speedbag; 12-07-2007, 04:37 PM.
                Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Stuey
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                  Hi Glenn,
                  Sounds like you need a pair of retaining link or spreader pliers.

Check here for help on the Everlast top profession chain link Hope it helps.

If it is related to speed bag, there are NO stupid questions on this board.
                  Actually, retaining ring pliers won't do the trick with the new chain link swivels.

I purchased the Everlast beginner's 6 piece set and an the pro swivel alongside it. I couldn't figure out how to remove the retaining piece so I browsed around online for a bit.

I found this site a few days ago when I first became interested in a speedbag, so I came back to see if I could find help. Reading several mentions of using snap ring pliers to open up the chain link, I went out to the hardware store and spent $20 on a pair of pliers (I couldn't wait for a cheapo online pair to arrive). Well, they're useless for opening access to the chain-link swivel for bag attachment.

Instead of a retaining bracket like the one shown in Speed Bag Central, this one has a non-parallel inside groove. The groove is widest at the closed end, and narrowest at the open end. The opening is too narrow to work snap ring pliers in there, and any attempt to use the pliers in the inside groove results in the tool slipping towards the closed end.

Long story short, the only way to get the retainer off is to use flathead screwdrivers and a lot of caution and safety goggles.

Since no directions came with the swivel, I emailed Everlast and after a few quick messages back and forth, they mailed me out a directions sheet. Hopefully the instructions will be for this new version of the swivel, and I'll be able to relay the info here.

Comment

• Stuey
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Nov 2007

With the new swivels, snap ring pliers are completely useless. It turns out that the instructions that Everlast sent me via snail mail are identical to those on the Title site.

The recommended method only requires a pair of needlenose pliers!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...