• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris M
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Mar 2006

Bladder replacement

I had my Everlast 6x9 develop a good size leak right at the very top of the bladder so I ordered a new bladder.

This was the first time I had ever replaced a bladder in a speed bag and boy was it a pain. The instructions that came with it said to glue the bag at the air inlet nipple to the bag but it was so difficult just to get the thing in there I didn't even bother trying to glue it. In hindsight, I suppose I could have turned it inside out to do that, but I skipped that step and after a lot of finaggling around to get the nipple lined up on the hole using an inflation needle, I finally got the job done.

If I ever get another bladder leak, and I expect I will, I'm replacing them with an Everlast bladder because all of theirs have a little button on the nipple that you can push through the hole in the bag and skip the gluing part because now that I've done one it sure would be a lot easier to just snap the button in place, make sure the bladder is straight in the bag and partially inflate it so you can properly tie up the laces and get the tongue in place. The bladder I bought was a rubber Title, and I see that it appears that they have dipped the pointy end of the bladder in rubber to give more protection on it. I suspect that's the part of the bladder that gets the most wear since it can contact the swivel there, and it's exactly where my old bladder got the hole.

My question is, does anyone know if it's only Everlast that makes the bladders with the buttons on the end of the nipple? I would like to find a bladder that has the thicker top on it and the button on the nipple.
    Last edited by Chris M; 03-31-2007, 12:56 PM.
  • Kyle
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2006

ya i herd it was a huge pain to change bladders
    ________
    SidneyFox live
    Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
    Working...