X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Tina Turner. Need I say more?

It's been a long week. A long month. A long, dreary winter. Some nights you just have to go out and blow off some pent up frustration. Tina Turner helped me out the other night. Wow – she is one powerful and intense singer.

Nothing fancy here, but I felt compelled to post this video anyway.

Last edited by MsDeville; 05-08-2011, 10:05 AM.
    sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

ALWAYS a pleasure to watch! Really well done MsDeville (as usual).
    Thanks for posting this...and the inspiration to try hitting to music one day.
    Cheers!
    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• larted
      • Mar 2009

Great hitting. You look like a pro. What bag is that?
      Larry

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
        ALWAYS a pleasure to watch! Really well done MsDeville (as usual).
        Thanks for posting this...and the inspiration to try hitting to music one day.
        Cheers!
        Thanks, Zaza. I just can't get enough of it. I hope to see a video of you in Hi-def and maybe some slo-mo effects, punch drumming to your heart's content.

Originally posted by larted View Post
        Great hitting. You look like a pro. What bag is that?
        Larry
        Thanks so much, Larry! Nice to hear from you. The bag is an Australian-made speed ball. It's not the fastest bag. But, I'm not about speed as much as hitting in rhythm to music. This speed bag has great body and a nice rebound to it. My favorite bag so far. And, I've bought my share of bags!

I'm curious about the Cleto Reyes bags... I'm hoping to get one soon.
        sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
        I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• paranday
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Sep 2009

Your punching is wicked good. I'd say your punching is brutal and beautiful, both at the
          same time. The Baggist and you could do a punch drumming duet like Fred and Ginger. Bravo !

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by paranday View Post
            Your punching is wicked good. I'd say your punching is brutal and beautiful, both at the same time. The Baggist and you could do a punch drumming duet like Fred and Ginger. Bravo !
            Thanks, Jim! Wicked, Brutal, and Beautiful. Never thought I'd see these three words together to describe my video. I thank you for this review.

I would love to hang sometime with The Baggist for a duet. He lives in California… maybe some day… But, who knows, maybe he'll show up at SpeedB.A.G. 2011 this year!

My Vacation request just got approved for the middle of June. Now, all I need to do is book a flight and a room. I hope there's still a room at the inn (Best Western, that is)... It will be awesome to jam with all of my fellow punch drummers.

I just found this video of Tina singing this song. This is an old video, but she is one BEAUTIFUL and talented woman. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyU7BbQSm98
            Last edited by MsDeville; 05-08-2011, 10:07 AM. Reason: added the link to Tina's video.

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Aug 2010

Awesome upward Doubles!

I Always enjoy your punch Drumming Dee! I watched the raw footage you posted on youtube the other day on my way to work, on the Droid phone Good stuff, and made the drive much more enjoyable!

In this vid I really liked the addition of the upward Double Punches....Very smooth

Great song too!

Keep on Punch-Drumming Ms. D!
              Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Great song for PD and super job.

Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post
                In this vid I really liked the addition of the upward Double Punches....Very smooth
                Yes, pretty sneaky at 2:50 - 2:55 a couple of upward moving Front Double Punches. Pretty cool original move. I see you did a few at the end also. I'm gonna have to work on that one. It looks great - yet the sound remains the same.
                Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post
                  I Always enjoy your punch Drumming Dee! I watched the raw footage you posted on youtube the other day on my way to work, on the Droid phone Good stuff, and made the drive much more enjoyable!

Great song too!

Keep on Punch-Drumming Ms. D!
                  Thanks, Kerry. I'm not sure how many people can relate to this punch drumming thing, but, I think you and I are on the same wave-length with the addiction and the need to make music with the bag.

Fellow PD-ers... I'm wondering, do you have the need to simply punch with no music, or does the music drive you to punch? (This is the case with me.)

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                  Great song for PD and super job.

Yes, pretty sneaky at 2:50 - 2:55 a couple of upward moving Front Double Punches. Pretty cool original move. I see you did a few at the end also. I'm gonna have to work on that one. It looks great - yet the sound remains the same.
                  Thanks, Alan. It was a little rough through parts of it, and I'm not doing anything fancy... I was simply in a "mood" and Tina inspired me... And sometimes I do my best "work" if you will, on the first listen, first take.
                  Oh, yeah, I did that 'sneaky' upward front double punch a couple a times. Thanks for noticing, you two. It's funny, I can either do them all night long, or not at all – I suppose this will change with practice.

Comment

• Roc Stone
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Oct 2007

Nice and technical.

I liked the 1-3 combo you had going also.

I'm glad you managed to capture one of those bag spin moments in one of your vids too
                    sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Roc Stone View Post
                      Nice and technical.

I liked the 1-3 combo you had going also.
                      Thanks, Roc. I need more practice (always!) to get up enough stamina to keep it going in a set. I need to eat more Wheaties... Thanks for commenting on the 1-3 combo. For me, it takes a bit of concentration to keep the bag under control for that combo. And it takes strength.

On that note, it's out to the woodshed for a quick workout. There's a bear in the woods again, so I better get out there before it gets too dark and scary. (Yeah, I'm a scaredy-cat. )

Comment

• gcruz
                        Speed Bag Trainee
                        • Apr 2011

Nice Hitting!

Love how you make it look so easy! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by gcruz View Post
                          Love how you make it look so easy! Thanks for sharing!
                          Thanks gcruz. I'm hopelessly addicted to this.

And, it definitely gets easier with practice.

Practice.

And more practice.

I like your avatar. My goodness. Is that a telephoto lens you're holding, or… well, you know the saying...

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
                            Nothing fancy here, but I felt compelled to post this video anyway.
                            Maybe no fancy editing this time but I reckon this is one of your most ambitious sessions! There's SO much great stuff going on there I am seriously impressed.

It's always inspiring to watch you under the board, thanks for posting so many videos - you really looked in the groove for this one.

(Well, you always do really!)

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Mrs Mitts View Post
                              Maybe no fancy editing this time but I reckon this is one of your most ambitious sessions! There's SO much great stuff going on there I am seriously impressed.

It's always inspiring to watch you under the board, thanks for posting so many videos - you really looked in the groove for this one.

(Well, you always do really!)

Thanks for the nice critique, Niki! Yes, I must admit, the music does take a grip on me. Especially to this Tina Turner song. I think it's the first song by a female singer since the Aretha Franklin "Think" video I posted months ago...

Day 206 of Dee's Speedbag Workout. Trainer Raul built a free-standing all-wood speed bag platform for me. I put the Everlast Professional (U bolt) Swivel on ...

Wow, that seems like AGES ago! And ! I was attempting to do combos on a U-bolt swivel! Either my internet connection is slow, or I was behind the beat on that one...

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...