• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roscoe
    • May 2006

Home Platform

[ATTACH]84[/ATTACH]
    Sizing up home made frame to beam in garage.

[ATTACH]85[/ATTACH]
    Finishing touch on two Home Depot 36 inch rounds glued together after cutting them back to 32 inches, rubbing it out with 0000 steel wool.

[ATTACH]86[/ATTACH]
    Bolted all together.

[ATTACH]87[/ATTACH]
    Used flat faced carriage bolts to bolt drum to frame.

[ATTACH]88[/ATTACH]Ta Da!

Roscoe
  • Chris M
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Mar 2006

Man, that is a sweet setup. I see you have the Title 10x12, that bag is a blast to hit.

I got really frustrated with the length of the loop on that same bag that I have and I had it shortened. Check it out if you're interested, it made a big difference: http://speedbagforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109

Comment

• SupergeZ
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Mar 2007

awesome platform youve made yourself there buddy, how much did that cost you to make?

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

home platform

WOW what great workmanship. I love your attention to detail, ie - the holes in the metal for the swivel bolts. It looks really solid. Figure out a way to make it adjustable for about 8-9 inches and you've got an innovation.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Roscoe
          • May 2006

Chris M-SupergeZ-Speedbag-Tim-Everybody

First of all let me say thanks for the information posted here, without it I'd still be lost. I bet I've read every single post here, thanks Tim
          Chris- I got the big blue Title based on your posts and love it, as a stone cold beginner it rocks (barely ). Took your advice to hog-out the swivel holes to accept 1/4 bolts....great idea! The loop hasn't given me a problem yet...probably cause I'm not very good yet & hit slow
          SupergeZ- The steel was from a scrap yard, the wood and hardware from Home Depot, the rest; beam, welder, paint, glue, ect. was already in the garage. I bet I spent less than $75 including the 50 pounds of sand I bought yesterday...thanks again for that tip fellas.
          Speedbag-This thing is solid as a rock! Thank you for driving that point home. The Bible & DVD's were great, thanks for the terriffic deal. The only way to make this thing adjustable would be to place a hydrolic lift under the user's feet!
          Tim- Thanks again for providing this place.
          Everybody- You are what makes this place da bomb!

Roscoe

Comment

• Kyle
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Nov 2006

Awsome set up. One of the best ones ive seen to date.
            ________
            Diosahorny4u cam
            Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:21 AM.

Comment

• Chris M
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Mar 2006

Chris- I got the big blue Title based on your posts and love it, as a stone cold beginner it rocks (barely ). Took your advice to hog-out the swivel holes to accept 1/4 bolts....great idea! The loop hasn't given me a problem yet...probably cause I'm not very good yet & hit slow
              It's nice to hear that you like it. I think this bag is an excellent bag to start out on, and because it's so heavy it gives me a lot of satisfaction when I hit it.

Don't worry about going slow, pretty soon you'll find yourself wanting to go faster than the bag will allow and before you know it you'll be banging away on a 4x6.

The hardest thing to get used to after hitting that big bag is how much lighter the smaller bags are but it doesn't take long to adjust.

Again congrats on that platform, that looks like one of the sturdiest I've seen.
              Last edited by Chris M; 04-15-2007, 12:04 PM.

Comment

• jaguiler
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Jan 2007

awesome platform !!!

I think I am going to make myself another one now... platform envy

I like the two boards together, is that the pine rounds ? ..... and with the natural coat on it - it looks great !!!

Comment

• ninja420
                  • Jan 2007

All I can say is GREAT JOB!

Comment

• Roscoe
                    • May 2006

Pine

Originally posted by jaguiler View Post
                    "....I like the two boards together, is that the pine rounds ? ..... and with the natural coat on it - it looks great !!!
                    Yes, those were two pine 36 inch rounds now glued & bolted into one 32 incher X 2 1/4 inches thick which is more than enough for the big bags. By the way, the wood for the drum was my biggest expense, close to $50 for the two.

Roscoe

Comment

• Roscoe
                      • May 2006

Greek Inspiration

Originally posted by Big_Nesticles View Post
                      Awsome set up. One of the best ones ive seen to date.
                      Thanks Big, I actually got the idea to design the frame from Pegasos who posted here and used upside-down shelf brackets to hang his bag. I remember thinking "to bad he didn't get a bracket with a 45 degree cross member for added strength".

Mine is just one upside-down shelf bracket with a cross member on steroids!

Roscoe

Comment

• jaguiler
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Jan 2007

Greek Inspiration
                        keep it to yourself....

Comment

• Roscoe
                          • May 2006

Greek Inspiration

Originally posted by jaguiler View Post
                          keep it to yourself....

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...