• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DJ Heff
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Aug 2011

WANTED TO BUY Powermill swivel

Would love to get my hands on a POWERMILL SWIVEL if anyone can help. It will be a while before JC can produce anymore. Thanks
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by DJ Heff View Post
    Would love to get my hands on a POWERMILL SWIVEL if anyone can help. It will be a while before JC can produce anymore. Thanks
    Yes, I fear the age of the great trainrobberies is back:

Five armed bandits stop the train, Force Jumpcannon to get off and make swivels for them.....

it could happen
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• jumpcannon
      Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

Lol.......i will give free swivels to anyone who does me a favor & kidnaps me from a train!
      evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• sPeeDyNogo
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Aug 2012

Hey how do you post?

How do you post something so your account doesn't get disabled? Someone help pleeease

Comment

• sPeeDyNogo
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Aug 2012

My swivel

My swivel feels like its not moving smoothly.... i just hooked up everlast platform... no sandbags or weights on the top yet.. It shakes way to much right now... so my question is, If i put weight on the top of the platform will the kick back with the speed bag improve...? and the swivel will it gyro around smoothly?

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by sPeeDyNogo View Post
            My swivel feels like its not moving smoothly.... i just hooked up everlast platform... no sandbags or weights on the top yet.. It shakes way to much right now... so my question is, If i put weight on the top of the platform will the kick back with the speed bag improve...? and the swivel will it gyro around smoothly?
            Yes, depending on the thickness and weight of your board, adding weight on top will probably help stabilize it and reduce vibration.

The part of your question about "the swivel will gyro around smoothly": that is actually a separate issue from adding weight on the board. The swivel action is pretty much dependent on the swivel type and make, and less dependent on the board or weight over the top. You probably need to consider a "deville ballhook swivel" and you can get that by sending a "pm" (personal message) to Ms Deville on this board. http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...ead.php?t=4114

Most of the best baggers in here have it and love it. The powermill, a great swivel in it's own right, is probably not available anytime soon because each one is custom made and the member that makes them (jumpcannon) has a job now that requires a lot of travel and I think he just doesn't have the time to make a lot of them. From past posts, I would say there is a long waiting list, so go ahead and consider the Deville. It's also a great ballhook.

of course, JC can correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't seen a lot of action on making the powermill swivel lately.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• jumpcannon

• Jul 2010

Hey baggers.....I am not out of the swivel making business. Just took a long break due to work and been putting an insane amount of work into an old muscle car i've been working on. I will post when ready and go through my emails and send notices. Sorry its taken forever....just got really burnt out on living in the garage. lol
              evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• ebozyn
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Oct 2010

YES!

It'll be awesome to have Powermill Swivels on my boards. I've been wanting to try these EVIL swivs out since i first saw a video featuring one of them.

excellent JC.

Originally posted by jumpcannon View Post
                Hey baggers.....I am not out of the swivel making business. Just took a long break due to work and been putting an insane amount of work into an old muscle car i've been working on. I will post when ready and go through my emails and send notices. Sorry its taken forever....just got really burnt out on living in the garage. lol

Comment

• Zaza
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Apr 2011

Once you go "EVIL"...there's no going back!
                  Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                  http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• jumpcannon

• Jul 2010

Originally posted by ventanakaz
                    ...so what's the muscle car ? make,model,year,engine,trans,rearend...ralph
                    68 Camaro SS....4 wheel wilwood slotted drilled rotors/red powder coated caliper. Currie 9" rearend 3:90's, billet wheels with drag radials, TH400 trans with stage 2 shift kit. B&M shifter with line lock button. Car came with a fresh 327 motor cammed out with aluminum heads, roller motor. Once i get my stainless steel brake lines ran i am pulling the motor and selling it to a buddy & building my own 427. LOTS of work!!!! Car was cherry when i bought it....just building it my way. lol
                    evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• Zaza
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Apr 2011

This was my baby...sold her a year ago. :-( Now the hunt begins for the next one!

'69 Road Runner, 4 speed, 383

Comment

• jumpcannon

• Jul 2010

Wow thats nice! Muscle cars are life to me. They consume me like speedbagging (actually a little more......cant lie). Lol
                        evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• Dutchman
                          Speed Bag Historian
                          • Jun 2006

Years ago a very close friend and co worker were given the responsibility of taking care of her brother-in-laws 68 Mustang California Special while he was on tour of duty (her husband was also in the Navy). It was a great car near mint, 289 4bbl four speed. Couldn't keep the rear end on the ground. For some unknown reason he put Cherry Bombs on it. You had to be real careful winding it out or the local constabulary was on your tail faster than you could blink. Of course I never got caught in this car. It was in my 74 Capri 2800 the CHP nailed me for going 10mph over the speed limit.......

Comment

• Zaza
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                            .... the CHP nailed me for going 10mph over the speed limit.......
                            ...and I only got hit for a 120mph in a 55mph zone... got it reduced to 'parking on the pavement' fine and NO points...you got to love the legal system!

Comment

• paranday
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Sep 2009

Yikes, how good were the brakes on those old cars?

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...