• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • forthaney
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Apr 2007

A source for maple table tops

I found these does anyone think they are good for a speed bag drum.
    Does anyone know it the maple drums on the expensive platforms are construced a little stronger than normal. Like using a biscuit jointer or something.

My concern is that this might comapart after repeated uses. Mabey it was not designed for such abuse. I would hate to invest the money and have it fall apart.

• BillyMack
    • Sep 2006

Those look nice, though the price seems a tad steep even for new materials, but I guess you are getting a complete table.

Being built for commercial use I would think they would hold up quite nicely, but you never can tell. Just like gremlins, don't get it wet!

I would think if you built the platform well and supoprt it all the way out to the edge that you wouldn't have to worry about it falling apart...

Keep us posted if you decide to get one...

Comment

• Chris M
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Mar 2006

Actually, the biscuits don't make it any stronger. What glue the used and how they clamped it up makes a bigger difference. Biscuits really just align the pieces, they don't add any strength.

Just about any woodworking glue will hold up well and will suit you just fine.

I wouldn't hesitate to say these boards will hold up for speed bagging. I don't know what the durakryl finish is, but I only used linseed oil on the one I made.

If that's what you're looking for, go for it!

Comment

• ninja420
        • Jan 2007

I think it will work fantastic! and Ive looked for similar things on line and found that most boards of this nature that cost that much are usualy far smaller like 20x20 it looks like a good deal to me. I hope you buy it so you can let us know how it works.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...