• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SupergeZ
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Mar 2007

tuf-wear speedbag

are these bags any good? i can get one for the same price as the everlast professional which is the bag i was going to get but i saw this and it looks pretty good also.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

I've still got a few tufwear bags from years ago. The short answer is YES, they are high quality bags. The shape that is shown in your link appears to make them look like the "banana bag" style, longer and learner per size. The ones I have are more teardrop shape. These were a very popular and bag and were readily available back in the 1970 - 80's. Then the competition got pretty heated and they became harder to find in retail stores. Perhas they will make a comeback.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Dutchman
      Speed Bag Historian
      • Jun 2006

I was able to pick up a new old stock TufWesr VSB112 (10x8) on eBay. Very well made tear drop shaped bag. It is however not a light weight bag, it's rather heavy for a bag this size. You have to "work" to keep it moving.

Comment

• Chris M
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
        I was able to pick up a new old stock TufWesr VSB112 (10x8) on eBay. Very well made tear drop shaped bag. It is however not a light weight bag, it's rather heavy for a bag this size. You have to "work" to keep it moving.
        Now you've got my interest. I like heavier bags myself.

Comment

• Dutchman
          Speed Bag Historian
          • Jun 2006

Tufwear had a full line of bags at that time. The one that I have now was amongst the smallest that they offered, all the way up to monster 15x10's (I'm watching for one of those to show up on eBay to compliment my two Everlast 4205's and 4207!). They used a industrial grade heavy leather in their bags, and their durabilty was second to none.

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
            you're right Dutchman. They are heavier per size than most bags. I've got a 10x7 here with me and it's heavier than a couple of my other 10x7's. Just slightly, but noticeable.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...