• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SpeedBagSkunk
    Speed Bag Skunk doesn't need a title, you already know

• Oct 2006

Who Is the SpeedBagSkunk?

Zach Who hmmm let me show those who dont know me all the and i quote "SAME CRAP" so any one wanna see heres some new links of the same things.
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

and of corse who is zach ruffo or the speedbagskunk? ask the 12,345 people that have viewed my original post 6months ago http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIb6Zh-YSo8
    and they will let you know

"By the way ALL of you speed baggers are getting better and better. all It takes is practice, so keep on practicing "
  • SupergeZ
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Mar 2007

what swivel do you use buddy? nice vids btw, ur pretty sick on the bag

Comment

• SpeedBagSkunk

• Oct 2006

swivel

i enjoy the plastic ball hook swivel and the metal ball hook swivel. those are what u see me hittin a lot of times but i believe the heavy duty pro swivel with the u hook can go faster with a basic hit, but to do a lot of different punches the bag is able to move better with the ball hook swivels, thats for watchin

Comment

• SupergeZ
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Mar 2007

awesome, what bags do you use?

i want to replace my swivel on my new setup for a metal ball hook, the 1 i have atm doesnt like doing any other direstion then back and forth in a straight line and its pretty slow i want one that gives me a little versatility and that moves at the speed i wana hit it at!

will post a video of my nooby skills later on for you guys to laugh at! altho after only a days practice im successfully incorperating elbows into my rhythems! woop woop!

Comment

• jaguiler
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Jan 2007

I was wondering where you had been..... there's a couple of posts I was expecting to see you on.... ie "Advanced combos...." just to keep up the lighthearted banter on here.... - I guess you will get to them soon....

Comment

• Kyle
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Nov 2006

AMAZING that double baggin was unreal

Comment

• SpeedBagSkunk

• Oct 2006

well

I will not be posting anymore combo breakers as i call them because every time i do something someone else has done i get hated on and they get really pissy and call me a show off, so i figure i dont need that crap. I hit the bag for fun and i enjoy my hittin too much to try and over come anyone. Im not hitting the bag to be the best im hitting the bag because i enjoy doing it! The bags i use are all extra small title bags. or extra small everlast. have not found any others that are smaller.

Comment

• SpeedBagSkunk

• Oct 2006

thanx

thank you for all watchin

Comment

• Chris M
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Big_Nesticles View Post
                  AMAZING that double baggin was unreal
                  Yeah, but BillyMack did it first!

Comment

• SupergeZ
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Mar 2007

sorry chris but that lady from the archive speedbagging footage was.. on the video that alan posted a link to on youtube, she had 2 bags going at the same time and that was in like 1930's

Comment

• jaguiler
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by SpeedBagSkunk View Post
                      I will not be posting anymore combo breakers as i call them because every time i do something someone else has done i get hated on and they get really pissy and call me a show off, so i figure i dont need that crap. I hit the bag for fun and i enjoy my hittin too much to try and over come anyone. Im not hitting the bag to be the best im hitting the bag because i enjoy doing it! The bags i use are all extra small title bags. or extra small everlast. have not found any others that are smaller.
                      good answer ! keep up the great hitting ! - can't wait to see the videos...at work now...

Comment

• Speedbag
                        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by SupergeZ View Post
                        sorry chris but that lady from the archive speedbagging footage was.. on the video that alan posted a link to on youtube, she had 2 bags going at the same time and that was in like 1930's

Actually, here is some early footage of Gus Keller, 1903. Three bags at 1m32sec for a few seconds.

Multiple bag punching was sometimes seen in various bag punching vaudeville acts. It's really pretty cool to watch and a lot harder than it looks.

Skunks 4-bag unit is really ingenious. Give the guy a break, he's hitting one bag better than most, and trying to expand his ability to do more. Along the way he is getting smoother, faster and his swinging motions are getting much more efficient. Both he and Billymack have done some combinations I've never thought of, and they do them easily. I haven't seen anyone else do them either. I personally don't care if someone's video's show them doing "the same old thing". If it's done well, I enjoy watching it and appreciate the skill it takes to keep it going non-stop for 3-4 minutes or more.
                        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                        The Quest Continues...
                        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Kyle
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                          Actually, here is some early footage of Gus Keller, 1903. Three bags at 1m32sec for a few seconds.

Multiple bag punching was sometimes seen in various bag punching vaudeville acts. It's really pretty cool to watch and a lot harder than it looks.

Skunks 4-bag unit is really ingenious. Give the guy a break, he's hitting one bag better than most, and trying to expand his ability to do more. Along the way he is getting smoother, faster and his swinging motions are getting much more efficient. Both he and Billymack have done some combinations I've never thought of, and they do them easily. I haven't seen anyone else do them either. I personally don't care if someone's video's show them doing "the same old thing". If it's done well, I enjoy watching it and appreciate the skill it takes to keep it going non-stop for 3-4 minutes or more.
                          agreed 100% i have a lot of respect for both punchers

Comment

• jaguiler
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Jan 2007

Skunk -

I like the videos- the one with your girl is pretty cool.... looks like you guys get along well....gotta admire that.
                            I also like the black paint on the walls of your room - did you move since your first videos ? no paneling in that one - or did you convince your girl to put up a platform in her room ?

anyway the hitting is excellent as always !! keep posting the videos... you and Billy, Alan, and Tim, Chris give us newbies something to look up to....

Comment

• SpeedBagSkunk

• Oct 2006

Thank You all

thanks for checkin out the videos everyone. This is not a compatition for me if it was i know alan kahn has it in the bag. in my opinion. And yeah me and my chicky get along great and funny that she is startin to enjoy the speed bag just like me so it makes for a great partnership. And just like u said we give new comers somthing to look up to and that is probly the coolest thing. to be able to show beginner speed baggers the different styles and different punches u can do on the bag. I get questions and copmments everyday that need answers and i love that people want me to answer them

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...