• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaydeez
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Mar 2012

WTB Everlast chain swivel

Hey guys, glad to be here and meet you all. My local gym has an Everlast chain link swivel, however they do not have the bottom piece (the actual swivel that screws in) and most people just bring their own. I have not been able to find these so hopefully maybe one of you have one for sale? I am located in FL and have verified PP and 40+ positive on eBay. What sucks is I can't get my speedbagging on at the gym unless someone else is around with a swivel and I am addicted and need a fix!!! lol, please let me know if you can help, thanks!

Needs to screw in to this...is there more than one lower piece model that will fit in to this? thanks again.

Last edited by jaydeez; 04-06-2012, 09:39 AM.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by jaydeez View Post
    Hey guys, glad to be here and meet you all. My local gym has an Everlast chain link swivel, however they do not have the bottom piece (the actual swivel that screws in) and most people just bring their own. I have not been able to find these so hopefully maybe one of you have one for sale? I am located in FL and have verified PP and 40+ positive on eBay. What sucks is I can't get my speedbagging on at the gym unless someone else is around with a swivel and I am addicted and need a fix!!! lol, please let me know if you can help, thanks!

Needs to screw in to this...is there more than one lower piece model that will fit in to this? thanks again.

I don't know of any other piece that will fit into it but an everlast housing, and not every everlast housing will fit either. I have found some thread widths or designs do not fit into each other. By the looks of the wood that is beat to death in the middle of that base plate, there was a housing with a ballhook on it for a while. An upward angle punch will drive the ball up into the wood board, but that doesn't happen with a chainlink.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• jaydeez
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Mar 2012

thanks for the reply! much appreciated, good to know that they will not all fit.

Comment

• jaydeez
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Mar 2012

no one has one available?

Comment

• Dutchman
          Speed Bag Historian
          • Jun 2006

Since apparently Everlast no longer offers the chain link swivel, your best bet is going to be eBay, or if you're in the US check Craigslist.

Comment

• jaydeez
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
            Since apparently Everlast no longer offers the chain link swivel, your best bet is going to be eBay, or if you're in the US check Craigslist.
            thanks, I have checked eBay but did not check craigslist! i'll give that a go, thanks.

Comment

• Dutchman
              Speed Bag Historian
              • Jun 2006

I have found that very often you will find one attached to a bag (usually one that has nearly no life left in it, or one of the uber cheap ones). I've seen them go for nearly next to nothing. You just have to check all the speed bag and punching bag listings to find them.

Comment

• jaydeez
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                I have found that very often you will find one attached to a bag (usually one that has nearly no life left in it, or one of the uber cheap ones). I've seen them go for nearly next to nothing. You just have to check all the speed bag and punching bag listings to find them.

Yea, I pretty much went through every page on Craigslist in my area (South Florida) and nothing was available :/ Oh well...hopefully someone will see this post with one available. eBay is dry as well.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Yea, I pretty much went through every page on Craigslist in my area (South Florida) and nothing was available :/ Oh well...hopefully someone will see this post with one available. eBay is dry as well.
                  OK, Jaydeez, I was cleaning out our storage building, and found an old box of swivel parts, balls, bolts, housing etc. ( hey, surprise, surprise, I wondered where that went... ) and found a few bottom chainlink housings with the links attached and ballbearings in decent shape. Like I said above, I'm not sure if one of these will fit. I actually have a few base plates and one matches up with one of the bottom housings (...and a few don't. not sure if the threads on the bottom part of base plate are stripped, but they make about 2 turns and lock up... like I said above there is about a 80% chance the threads may line up on these things.)

So I could send you that complete chainlink, base and bottom housing, if you want to try it and see. the holes on the board should not be a problem. PM me your mailing address if you are still looking.
                  Last edited by Speedbag; 04-09-2012, 01:00 AM.
                  Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• jaydeez
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                    So I could send you that complete chainlink, base and bottom housing, if you want to try it and see. the holes on the board should not be a problem. PM me your mailing address if you are still looking.
                    Amazing! thank you, PM Sent.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Amazing! thank you, PM Sent.
                      Swivel is in mail. Hope it works for you.

Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• jaydeez
                        Speed Bag Trainee
                        • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                        Swivel is in mail. Hope it works for you.

Speedbag is the man! Got the swivel today, looks perfect! thanks again!

Comment

• ebozyn
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Oct 2010

Yes, no doubt about it. Speedbag is most definitely the man.

Speedbag is the man! Got the swivel today, looks perfect! thanks again!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...