• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shaunx
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • May 2007

Shaun in the speed bag attempt, lol

Got in the speedbag game for two months now.
    Doing all the tricks i learned....got tired of switching bags so i just stayed with this one.. i can do it on any bag....
  • SpeedBagSkunk
    Speed Bag Skunk doesn't need a title, you already know

• Oct 2006

welcome

whats up man! glad u found your way here. There are tons of helpful tips that these baggers can give you. peace out

Comment

• BillyMack
      • Sep 2006

Ya, dude, welcome to the forums...you will learn lots here...you look good, nice and smooth, keep it up...

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Shaun video

Hi Shaun, and Welcome to the Forum.

LOOKS pretty good, but I think your bag is a bit too high, and it's forcing you to modify your arm position to reach it. I also see you are using a lot of "arm sway", due to low elbows and swinging from the shoulder rather than circling from the elbow. It is hard to make circular motions from the elbow when it is much lower than your fists. I notice that particularly on the Front Double Punch - to - Reverse Double Punch Combos, ( front to back FDP '' RDP). Fist Rolling position is pretty good, arms up and elbows out.

It would help me to HEAR the bag better. The loud syncopated music, heavy base and non-stop lyric make it almost impossible to hear the fist contacts and rebounds. The sound tells me as much about how your hitting, and your timing, as watching. just a suggestion.

but I think you got talent. clean up your technique and bag position a bit and your skills will really grow!
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• shaunx
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • May 2007

speed bag

Thanks that'll help kind of.....The thing is that's the lowest it goes inthe gym I work in....I plan to put one up in my house, but since its sheet rock it'll make too much noise for the elderly downstairs....So that;s the only one I have to practice on now.

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by shaunx View Post
            Thanks that'll help kind of.....The thing is that's the lowest it goes inthe gym I work in....I plan to put one up in my house, but since its sheet rock it'll make too much noise for the elderly downstairs....So that;s the only one I have to practice on now.

The belly of your bag looks like it is at your eyebrow or forehead.

You can get one of those height adjustable aerobic steps to stand on, or a piece of 1 inch thick plywood. You don't have to raise yourself up to high, so an inch or two would really help. I used to stand on some gymnastic or wrestling mats in a gym I use to go to years ago. (I guess some 6ft 6in guys hung the speed bag unit. Nobody could reach it...)
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• shaunx
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • May 2007

speed bag

Yeah thas what i did after i read your quote....got some steps, lol, I actually got a few people im teaching to hit the speed bag in different ways..I'm going to record it soon.

Comment

• Tim
                Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by shaunx View Post
                I actually got a few people im teaching to hit the speed bag in different ways..I'm going to record it soon.
                We like to see people spreading the knowledge. That's great.

You've got a really diverse range of techniques for someone who has only been working on it for 2 months.

Comment

• SupergeZ
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Mar 2007

sick skills shaun! GL getting a home setup, i got mine not so long ago and love it!

Comment

• shaunx
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • May 2007

speed bag

Originally posted by SupergeZ View Post
                    sick skills shaun! GL getting a home setup, i got mine not so long ago and love it!
                    Thanks...Trying trying..after looking at that lady that went on for 26 hours str8 non stop is crazy yo. I'm trying to practice but people keep coming in and out of the dorr and wanting drinks and stuff. lol.

Comment

• speedboy
                      • Feb 2006

welcome to the forum Shaun! you will progress with the two masters here!!!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...