X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hispanicmakingpanic
    • May 2007

Swivel preference

I noticed most members use the ball hook swivels. I found these to be slow and innefficient. I prefer the Ringside pro swivels with the ball bearings for a smoother and quicker rebound. Am I missing something here? Are they easier to time, and thus better for advancing routines?
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by hispanicmakingpanic View Post
    I noticed most members use the ball hook swivels. I found these to be slow and innefficient. I prefer the Ringside pro swivels with the ball bearings for a smoother and quicker rebound. Am I missing something here? Are they easier to time, and thus better for advancing routines?
    I haven't used a pro swivel extensively, but I think the general consensus is the ball hook is best when hitting from all sides of the bag (back and sides, etc.). If you're hitting primarily from the front it may not matter. The ball hook is also one of the cheaper swivels, especially the newer plastic ones.

I would say if you're happy with the swivel you've got, then that's all you need.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

swivels

I think Swivels are truly a matter of personal preference. I prefer the ballhook, and have never found it to hold down my speed or accuracy. Others like other types of swivels.

the only reason most like the ballhook is that it tends to give the cleanest, most accurate rebound when punching from all sides around the bag. Other swivels can influence the rebound of the bag slightly due to swivel mechanics. Least ways they seem to for me. Others have told me the same thing. But then again, if your choice doesn't seem to mess up your punching, use the chainlinks or other styles. It seems to be working pretty well for you in the videos.

As for me and my house, we shall follow the ballhook.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
        • May 2007

swivels

Thank you for the input Gentlemen. My routine is rather basic compared to alot of members so I guess I haven't tested my swivel's response from a back or side strike. When I go to "pin" my speedbag though I prefer to use the ringside pro-swivel because of it's sturdy design, in the past I've popped a ball hook swivel clean off the mount. As I try to incorporate new techniques I will rely on your gracious advice. I also think that mr speedbag could probably use a rusty hinge for a swivel and still make sweet music.

Comment

• Kyle
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Nov 2006

I also think that mr speedbag could probably use a rusty hinge for a swivel and still make sweet music.
          agreed
          ________
          LIVE SEX
          Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:24 AM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...