• Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Everlast Metal swivel on E-bay

Looks to be an old model, but seems intact

• Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

Yeah I saw that the last time I checked eBay. It doesn't look all that bad, some wirebrush work and some WD 40 works miracles.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
      Looks to be an old model, but seems intact

http://cgi.ebay.com/Everlast-Speed-B...QQcmdZViewItem
      It appears to be an older model Everalast Ballhook that looks to have a fairly rusted ball.

I would take it apart, take the metal shank out of the ball, and clean that ball and housing really well. The set screw is normally a 3 or 4mm allen wrench.
      Attached Files
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Chris M
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Mar 2006

I won that swivel on ebay and received it yesterday.

There is actually no rust on it, it is just discolored brownish red. It can probably be cleaned up, but I didn't even bother doing that yet. The metal is not pitted at all from rust.

I am amazed at how much heavier this older one is than my other two newer Everlast ballhook swivels. The bolt pattern is identical but the materials are definitely different. The overall length of the swivel is about 1/2 inch shorter and the hook is slightly different. The metals are obviously different and the two pieces are a slightly different color. It was definitely a good buy for me.

I now have two metal ball hook swivels for backups.

If anyone has a dire need for a metal ball hook swivel, I might be able to be persuaded to part with one of my newer ones.

Comment

• SupergeZ
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Mar 2007

are the everlast metal ball hook swivels alot better than the new plastic ones chris?

Comment

• Chris M
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Mar 2006

A lot better? No, not really a LOT better.

Comment

• Roscoe
              • May 2006

Chris

Hey man, are those scrapes and bruises ever going to heal up?

Roscoe

Comment

• Chris M
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Mar 2006

Are you saying I should change my picture?

Comment

• Clint
                  • Apr 2007

Nah. Cool pic. Keep it.

Comment

• DOrr
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Jun 2007

Swivels w/ Bolts Rather than Screws

I purchased the "top pro" Heavy Duty swivel from Everlast, and was "disappointed" to find that it attaches with screws. (image attached)

Does anyone know of a compatible piece, and where to find it, that can be used to attach that swivel to my overhead?

The current piece I have is from my s-swivel, and uses 4 bolts. (it looks similar to the attachment piece from the "top pro" (regular) swivel (image attached)

The "top pro" heavy duty swivel is just barely too small to screw into the piece on my board.

pardon my novice on the vocab.

Any enlightenment would be appreciated.

Respectfully,

D'Orr
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by DOrr; 06-05-2007, 09:04 AM. Reason: missing attachment 2

Comment

• Chris M
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by DOrr View Post
                      I purchased the "top pro" Heavy Duty swivel from Everlast, and was "disappointed" to find that it attaches with screws. (image attached)

Does anyone know of a compatible piece, and where to find it, that can be used to attach that swivel to my overhead?

The current piece I have is from my s-swivel, and uses 4 bolts. (it looks similar to the attachment piece from the "top pro" (regular) swivel (image attached)

The "top pro" heavy duty swivel is just barely too small to screw into the piece on my board.

pardon my novice on the vocab.

Any enlightenment would be appreciated.

Respectfully,

D'Orr
                      The holes are in a different configuration. What you'll need to do is drill new holes to bolt the swivel onto your board.

I have the same swivel and I also enlargened the holes on the new swivel to accomodate 1/4" bolts.

I hope this answers your question!

Comment

• Speedbag
                        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Chris M. is correct in that you will need to center the new swivel and drill new holes. You don't really need to make the holes Larger on the metal swivel base, just make sure your thin bolts go all the way through and use washers on the top part to protect the nut(s) from sinking into the wood. I prefer to use wing nuts on top, making it easier to take off later.
                        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                        The Quest Continues...
                        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• LaxDude08
                          Speed Bag Trainee
                          • Jun 2007

Do you happen to know if the metal swivel mounting holes by Everlast will match up with Everlast's plastic swivel. I am thinking about upgrading since the threaded eye screw tends to unscrew from the plastic ball while I am using the speed bag.

Comment

• Chris M
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by LaxDude08 View Post
                            Do you happen to know if the metal swivel mounting holes by Everlast will match up with Everlast's plastic swivel. I am thinking about upgrading since the threaded eye screw tends to unscrew from the plastic ball while I am using the speed bag.
                            I don't know if they'll match up or not. Honestly, though, a lot of us have had the same problem you are having with the plastic ball/hook swivel and loctite thread locker cures the problem. I seriously consider saving that money because it's easier to do some tricks that are much more difficult with other types of swivels like the chain link swivel or the one you linked to above. They don't change planes as easily as the ball/hook swivel if you're going from front & rear hits to side hits.

Comment

• rainbowsixveg
                              • Jun 2007

Metal ball hook swivel

I just found a ball hook swivel brand new, just go to www.tkogear.com and click on boxing then type in the search box Code: 503TS-CM

Peace!!
                              Last edited by rainbowsixveg; 06-11-2007, 04:40 PM. Reason: Wrong info

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...