• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

Toy platform, Phoenix, AZ $20

Seems to me a child deserves a real platform, but at least they're thinking of us...

Attached Files
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by paranday View Post
    Seems to me a child deserves a real platform, but at least they're thinking of us...

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/spo/3536885306.html
    Hmmmm. I wonder.....

Believe it or not, .... it works for it's purpose of a fun activity. (not a serious workout). And it would be good for little kids with the exception that most small children couldn't reach it hung at the top of door. And it has an interesting swivel design, that drops in from the top. Actually works OK for this light setup. The one adaption it really needs is an adjustable tension strap to go around the bottom section of the vertical braces, for it kicks up off the door at the bottom. But, if you hold the vertical braces down tight, it works amazingly well. Of course the light balloon bag goes well past the edge of the board, but a bit smaller bag or larger board would fix that also. This does prove to me that a door hanger model IS possible, although it will be noisy and vibrate the door.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Speedbag; 01-11-2013, 02:02 AM.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• paranday
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Sep 2009

You're amazing. No stone left unturned in your world. How much does it cost at retail?

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by paranday View Post
        You're amazing. No stone left unturned in your world. How much does it cost at retail?
        I bought it for my Grandson. I paid about $29.00 or so for the
        Stats Arcade Alley Speedbag at our local Toyrus store.

Apparently Sears has them also.

But remember, it is an introductory Toy of the activity for kids to introduce them to the activity and build interest, like a set of Toy Golf Clubs or A rubber pin bowling set. It's not a serious workout grade product. For just "lightly hitting" and learning the movements it will work.

But I love the idea of the portability and design. I really think an upgraded version of "the real deal" is possible.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Speedbag; 01-11-2013, 01:21 PM.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...