• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dapurplengold213
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • May 2007

top of speed bag broke help!!

so im new to the speedbag just got it 2 days ago...and i was using it today when the part that ties it self to the swivel ripped ....is this common?? im mad cause i just got it 2 days ago...the speedbag is an Everlast by the way

anyone know it its fixable or should i buy another speedbag???? thanks
  • Kyle
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2006

you shud return ur bag for a new one if its only 2 days old and if they wont take it back try this. u jus have to shorten the loop by sewing a line accross the loop so that its complete again and make sure u leave room so it fits on the swivel.
    ________
    Infants depakote
    Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:24 AM.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Breaking after only two days, I would definitely return the bag to where I got it.
      That is why I normally buy bags in pairs.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• jaguiler
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Jan 2007

been mentioned before, but I will stress, Return it.... that is a defect...

What kind of bag was it ? Everlast XXXX.... nylon ? Pro ? Professional ?

Comment

• dapurplengold213
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • May 2007

the bag is in this link http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ima...508167&sr=8-42

it came with the wooden drum and some hand wraps i think i'll contact everlast....thanks guys

edit : Also whats the right way of putting the speed bag on ?? i dont this to happen again thanks
          Last edited by dapurplengold213; 05-18-2007, 01:28 PM.

Comment

• jaguiler
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Jan 2007

the nylon bag is good to start.... but most of us, if not all have upgraded that bag. I have the same one and I dumped it within a week, for a leather Everlast bag - I like the Pro series... you can try looking around the local sport shops... I found an Everlast Pro at Dicks Sporting Good.... I was surprised.

Comment

• dapurplengold213
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • May 2007

thankfully everlast is sending me a new one free!!! ...is there a proper way to put the speed bag on the swivel?? i just want to make sure this doesnt happen again ..thanks!!!

Comment

• Tim
                Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by dapurplengold213 View Post
                thankfully everlast is sending me a new one free!!! ...is there a proper way to put the speed bag on the swivel?? i just want to make sure this doesnt happen again ..thanks!!!
                It MUST have been defective... these things are not normally that fragile.. there is no way you abused it too much... you'll see when you get the replacement.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...