• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

Narragansett platform, $500 - Springfield, MO

What do you think the vintage on this one is Dutch?

Attached Files
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

The emblem is NGE, (Narrengansett Gymnasium Equipment), instead of NMC (Narrengansett Machine Co.) places it later on in the company's life, before it's assets were sold off in 1948. I have some doubts about the platform itself being original as it is partially plywood. Collectible, yes, but IMHO it's not worth the five bills that is being asked for it. Half that is more realistic.

Comment

• freedabumper
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Feb 2013

NGE Platform

I work for a YMCA in PA. We have two of these platforms that we are looking to sell. One we are just getting ready to take off the wall. We went for a newer type because of where we are relocating. The other has been sitting in storage for about 15 years. The cost to ship something like this has to be astronomical. Both are completely original and was wondering what they would sell for?

Comment

• Zaza
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2011

PM sent...
        Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
        http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Bag Man
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by freedabumper View Post
          I work for a YMCA in PA. We have two of these platforms that we are looking to sell. One we are just getting ready to take off the wall. We went for a newer type because of where we are relocating. The other has been sitting in storage for about 15 years. The cost to ship something like this has to be astronomical. Both are completely original and was wondering what they would sell for?
          Please check your private mail. I sent you a PM.

Bag Man
          "He [Marciano] was far and away the strongest man I've encountered."

Archie Moore

Comment

• freedabumper
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Feb 2013

NGE Platform

Here are some pics. Unfortunately we pulled the seconf one out of storage and the support arms that hold the wooden platform to the frame are missing. There is also a little water damage to the wood on the platform. The first one, however, is in working condition, and as you can see is still being used in our weight room. We are doing some renovations to the space. Moving the platform to the new space is not going to work, so we are going with a modern speedbag platform.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Bag Man
              • Jan 2011

Here are some pics. Unfortunately we pulled the seconf one out of storage and the support arms that hold the wooden platform to the frame are missing. There is also a little water damage to the wood on the platform. The first one, however, is in working condition, and as you can see is still being used in our weight room. We are doing some renovations to the space. Moving the platform to the new space is not going to work, so we are going with a modern speedbag platform.
              Hit me up with a PM. I'd like to make an offer.

Bag Man
              "He [Marciano] was far and away the strongest man I've encountered."

Archie Moore

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

That is a really nice looking piece of vintage bag equipment.

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...