• Show
Clear All
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

70's Everlast swivel on eBay

Well swivel me timbers, Olive Oyl...

Attached Files
    Last edited by paranday; 02-04-2013, 05:52 PM.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by paranday View Post
    I bid up to $15.00 and was auto outbid, so someone has their eyes on it.

I certainly don't need it but it is hard to resist the offset "S" hook......
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ventanakaz
      that looks like my first swivel i had when i was a teen, but it looks to beat up for me to bid on. thanks for posting, parandy...ralph
      That is one reason why I would want it. The swivels of those days had great quality, and even if the housing is beat down around the edges I bet the eye-shank is still in great shape. Bet the sound is still a more pleasant clang than its more modern brotheren of 80'-90's.

If I had won this, I'd probably drop the housing, put the ball and eyehook in a plastic body and have a great swivel.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• fedora
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
        If I had won this, I'd probably drop the housing, put the ball and eyehook in a plastic body and have a great swivel.
        I had read your recommendation about doing this in another thread here and so I bought one of those plastic ones and put the ball and eyehook from an all metal everlast swivel that I got with an everlast bag a while back. It really does work great.

fedora

Comment

• paranday
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Sep 2009

Ralph, Alan, I sometimes use the free service of this website,

It doesn't always make a difference, but it does allow you to bid your maximum without tipping your hand until the very end of the auction. I used to have their paid service, but am out of the eBay bidding loop for the most part these days. The free service places your bid with 20 seconds or so left in the auction, making it much less likely for someone to respond to your bid with a higher bid. The paid service gets you even closer and makes it virtually impossible for a counterbid. You can still lose if someone placed a higher bid, but sometimes it can help you sneak by with a win that you might have lost had you bid earlier.

Comment

• fedora
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Dec 2012

A couple of people want this pretty bad, it's over $100 now.

fedora

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...