Clear All
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

$50 - NOS Everlast platform, bag, and swivel - Scarsdale, NY

Swivel looks nice!

Originally purchased in the 1960's.

Attached Files
    Last edited by paranday; 02-14-2013, 11:11 AM.
  • fedora
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2012

If that was on ebay I'd consider buying it. But unless you can pick up locally, sending money to someone for an item on craigslist is a gamble.

fedora

Comment

• paranday
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Sep 2009

That's how I got my vintage swivels, sending money to people who placed Craigslist ads. But it is a gamble...

Comment

• fedora
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by paranday View Post
        That's how I got my vintage swivels, sending money to people who placed Craigslist ads. But it is a gamble...
        I suppose one is less likely to get burned on an item like a speedbag than other items. Did you send the money through paypal?

fedora

Comment

• Dutchman
          Speed Bag Historian
          • Jun 2006

The bag is a little newer than what they are claiming. Everlast didn't start using that style packaging until the late 1970's. The platform maybe, but not the bag.

Comment

• paranday
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by fedora View Post
            I suppose one is less likely to get burned on an item like a speedbag than other items. Did you send the money through paypal?fedora
            I think I've sent PayPal for Craigslist purchases, but also sent a postal money order once. I'm not recommending it, just saying I've done it and not gotten burned. I wouldn't want to ship that platform though. For $50, if I was local, I'd take the whole thing if I wanted an Everlast swivel of that vintage.

FYI, I once lost money with PayPal, where the person's PayPal balance was insufficient for a full refund, maybe they closed the bank account it was attached to, I don't know what happened. The point is that PayPal, at least back in the late 1990s, couldn't get me a full refund when a seller backed out.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...